PDA

View Full Version : websites?

jess
11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Just wondering, who has their own website? do you pay for it or are the free ones any good?:confused:

tulip0803
11-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I use www.webs.com free one and have had no problems. I can have a lot more content than I currently do and I have a lot.:rolleyes:

I have never done anything like it before and found it really easy. They give you step by step instructions and you can edit it when ever you want.

loocyloo
11-06-2009, 08:07 PM
pauline did mine! (pauline is the wonderful lady who runs the forum!)

it was really easy, i chose what i wanted from what was shown as samples - changed to what i wanted, emailed pauline all my paperwork and ... wow! a super website, that gets me loads of comments. all my local childminders like it ( as opposed to 2 others that are local :blush: , as its simple and easy to understand! ) i email pauine if ever i want to change/add anything, and it is done! all for a small fee, including hosting. i bought the domain name.

there is a link somewhere, but i can't remember where!

xxx

sarah707
11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I use www.webs.com and www.webnode.com - they are both easy to upload information and change things around.

Pauline's sites are lovely too... have a nosey through some in the websites part of the forum :D

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
PAULINE PAULINE PAULINE

I would trust no one else

Brilliant

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
11-06-2009, 10:33 PM
webs.com here too.

I don't see the point in paying for something you can do yourself as easily as copying and pasting stuff across, if I can do it anyone can :thumbsup:

jess
12-06-2009, 07:28 AM
thanks everyone:) webs.com it is i think! ps might be being a bit dumb but can anyone explain what hosting is?

sarah707
12-06-2009, 07:54 AM
thanks everyone:) webs.com it is i think! ps might be being a bit dumb but can anyone explain what hosting is?

Your host is the company that looks after your website... they are online 24 hours a day and they have buttons so you can do nice things to your text like colours, bold, upload photos, put on backgrounds etc.

If you choose webs.com they will be your host.

always make sure you do your website on your own computer then if your host goes bump (current economic climate and all that) your work is safe. :D

Michelle M
15-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Hubby did mine and used Vidahost :)

Mrs.L.C
15-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Hubby did mine too.

manjay
15-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I did my own too with Microsoft Office Live. Very easy to set up and change. I change mine weekly so easier to do it myself.

Buzz Lightyear
15-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I used Synthasite although think it's called something else now. Great site and loads of different templates to use and modify. Good luck with producing your own site. Almost all of my work has come via my website!! :thumbsup:

Chanelle
15-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I use Free Virtual Servers

Was really easy to use and can edit at any time. They have loads of templates to choose fro and step by step instructions and 24hr online helpline

www.daisychainschildminding.com