PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo disappointed???!!!!!!

Adiamond
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Today has been the most horrible day EVER!!!!! Yesterday I met a mum at my local childminder drop-in she was looking for a childminder for her 10 month old little girl.I was the only cm there that could accomodate her and she just lives around my corner.She was really keen she wanted to come around last night for a visit but I was busy so we arranged for her to come at 9.30 this morning. She even asked me if I could start at 1.00 this afternoon as she was on a course I said I could but we would talk more this morning.Anyway I ran around last night finishing my last bits of paperwork and cleaning up frantically,I got up a 5.45 this morning so I was totally ready for her.

9.30 came and 9.30 went I sat waiting for her for over an hour and she never came no phonecall nothing.:angry:

I feel sooooo disappointed this was my very first potential mindee and she would have been perfect!!!!
I have felt really upset all day I am gutted.:mad:
Why can't people just do as they say or at least let you know if anything changes????

Sorry just needed a moan :) x x x

mum2two
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
How annoying and rude!!! :angry:

Unfortuantley there are parents like this, who think we have nothing better to do than sit around and wait... You will get some lovely parents, who really appreciate what you do! :D

xx

Lily Grace
11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi that has happened to me before. I try to call the parents the night before or in the morning just to confirm. Have you got her phone number to call her something may have happened the baby might have been ill.

misst104
11-06-2009, 06:33 PM
So sorry to hear that. It is very annoying I am sure. At least you have a nice tidy house now I suppose. I really hope something else comes along really soon which is better for you :)

xxx jo

Spangles
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
That is so rude of her, she could easily have just popped over for a couple of mins to say she wouldn't be able to make it.

Saying that, maybe something serious came up and there was nothing she could do.

You'll get other enquiries and, you never know, this one still might turn out okay depending on what happened.

xx

sue m
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
You moan away Zoe, it's horrible when they do that. And quite a lot do unfortunately. They are just rude and ignorant. Hopefully she might get back to you with some explanation? I hope so.

Celtic Star
11-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Moan away my love....I had that happen a few weeks ago with 2 brothers I was supposed to be minding after school and the same as you no phone call or anything I rang and emailed her and finally spoke to her on my 3rd call and she said " oh something came up"

georgie456
11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
How disappointing (and how rude!) Why can't people be a bit more thoughtful and courteous??!!! It takes less than a minute to call someone grrrrrr

Chatterbox Childcare
11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I would like to say you are the first person for this to happen to but unfortunately parents have a different way of remembering important things. I bet she is back but if you have her number I would call in case she is embarrassed or there was an emergency.

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I would like to say you are the first person for this to happen to .

Did you mean you are NOT the first person for this to happen to? :laughing:

Zoe sorry to hear that
Parents can be so rude

If you have her number give her a call

Angel xx

Adiamond
11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone,
I didn't get her number as I was certain she was going to come :(
I just feel so let down by her :(
I hope something positive will come very soon :) after all the hard work I have done I need to start "doing it" iyswim.
Thank you all again, you never fail to make me feel better :) x x x

Zoomie
11-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Awww, Zoe, am so sorry about your disappointment.

Chalk it up to experience, and at least you have a clean house (for now) and your paperwork is perfect.

xx

helenlc
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
We all have these same disappointments. You get yourself all ready for it and then they are a no show without the courteousy of letting you know either.

My neighbourhood isnt exactly the best and I often wonder whether parents drive past and judge me on the neighbourhood. The fact is I wish they would come in and give me a chance. I have a childcare qualification, 15 yrs experience and a lovely house and large garden. My friend also lives somewhere not too desirable and she feels the same.

At the end of the day, all you can do is keep your head up and wait for the next one to come along. I spoke to a lady today with a baby at the Toddler Group I run and mentioned I was a childminder (I had 3 with me running in different directions !). She said I dont suppose you have vacancies for September and I said Yes!!! She is a teacher so it would be term time only. I gave her my card and am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Chin up - she doesnt know what she is missing!!!

aly
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
oh no!!

|Have you heard anything since??? that is sooooo annoying.

wellybelly
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I HATE people who do that. Its soooooooooooo rude!

Tatjana
12-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Ahh honey, it's so disheartening isn't it?

I had the same happen to me yesterday, I emailed her to say 'It would have been nice if you had told me you weren't coming' she phoned later and apologised!

xx

Mollymop
12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Bless ya. I hope something else comes along soon xx

Jules27
12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
SOme people are just soooo rude!! Put it down to experience and a lucky escape maybe?!?!?! Am sure something will turn up soon xx

CherryBlossom
12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear that, but you never know something may have come up-you might hear from here in the next few days!

x