PDA

View Full Version : First parent meeting tomorrow

claireodon
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi all, just worrying because I had a phone call yesterday about care for a 9 month old baby and the lady wants to come and see me tomorrow evening. Thats all fine but I forgot to mention the fact I have a dog, which I usually like to tell people at initial enquiry stage. Do you think I should ring her now just to make sure thats not a problem before she visits or just leave it and let her see him when she arrives?

FizzysFriends
11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I have nearly the same dilema. A parent mailed me last year about care for her toddler, but decided to use family. But shes had a baby now so needs care for both, shes coming tomorrow afternoon and I can't remember if I told her about my dog or not.

I usually like to drop it into the conversation and I think if I contact her now just about the dog she will think more into it, like the dog might be a big issue?

claireodon
11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. I don't want to make an issue out of the dog (because he is no problem) but I don't want it to be a waste of time if she walks in and hates dogs immediately!!! I'm thinking I might just leave it and let her see him when she arrives...

FizzysFriends
11-06-2009, 05:23 PM
That sounds like a good plan.

Good Luck for tomorrow, what time are they coming?

claireodon
11-06-2009, 05:32 PM
6pm so she can bring her husband with her - I'm dead nervous although I don't really know why. :panic: Have been sorting out a few toys that baby can play, organised my parent information pack and gonna do a major clean tomorrow afternoon while mil has my kids for a couple of hours! Let me know how your visit goes and I'll let you know about mine - hopefully neither of them will be put off by the dogs :laughing:

amirose
12-06-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't bother mentioning I have dogs, its on my CIS profile and my website and in my welcome pack so if they have bothered reading any of that they should know anyway!!!

I have had at least 2 sets of parents who almost certainly would not have used me if I had mentioned it on the phone but have come here been really pleased and wanted to use me enough to go - you know what - the dogs a small issue. I have two dogs but them coming to visit means they actualy get to see how well behaved they are when shut away (I always do this for visits) and lets them see the systems I have in place to keep the dogs separated from the children.

If I was blatantly asked on the phone then I would say yes I have two very well behaved dogs :thumbsup:

Hope yesterday went well :clapping:

Gizmo
12-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Good luck :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
12-06-2009, 07:11 AM
6pm so she can bring her husband with her - I'm dead nervous although I don't really know why. :panic: Have been sorting out a few toys that baby can play, organised my parent information pack and gonna do a major clean tomorrow afternoon while mil has my kids for a couple of hours! Let me know how your visit goes and I'll let you know about mine - hopefully neither of them will be put off by the dogs :laughing:

Mine is 1.30pm. I have Happy Land set out for mindee and the oldest thats coming (2), don't have anything for the baby as he's only a month at the moment so its more cuddles for him than toys.

Im really nervous too. I asked mindees mom if its ok for the parent to come when mindee is here and she said I better hope she hasn't got one on her cos its Friday and she will be tired. We came to the agreement that there would be chocolate at the end of the day to reward her good behaviour :blush:

angeldelight
12-06-2009, 08:49 AM

Good luck today

I always forget to mention I have a dog but find its easier if they meet her anyway it puts their mind at ease rather than them judging on the other end of the phone

Dont worry you will be fine

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
12-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Good luck - hope all goes well for you

Miffy xx

grindal
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Is anyone ever allergic to dogs? I am allergic to cats and always appreciate knowing so I can take anti histamines in advance. However, i dont think i have ever heard of anyone being allergic to dogs......just a thought!

FizzysFriends
12-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Is anyone ever allergic to dogs? I am allergic to cats and always appreciate knowing so I can take anti histamines in advance. However, i dont think i have ever heard of anyone being allergic to dogs......just a thought!

Im not allergic to dogs (although im allergic to cats) but a lot of dog hair will give me asthma attack.

FizzysFriends
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Well my parent has been and gone, they were here 45 mins and I think it went well. She still has one more CM to see and promises to let me know either way on Monday.

Good luck for 6pm, let us know how you got on.

claireodon
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Snap! my visit went very well - the couple were really nice and the baby was lovely and very laid back so I could sit and play with him for ages. Mum has one more CM to see and promises to get back to me on Monday. Only problem is that I am not back from my summer hols until the middle of the week that she wants care to start so I'm thinking I probably won't get the job on those grounds. Fingers crossed for us both.

Zoomie
13-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Fingers crossed for a positive answer on Monday

xx

FizzysFriends
13-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Snap! my visit went very well - the couple were really nice and the baby was lovely and very laid back so I could sit and play with him for ages. Mum has one more CM to see and promises to get back to me on Monday. Only problem is that I am not back from my summer hols until the middle of the week that she wants care to start so I'm thinking I probably won't get the job on those grounds. Fingers crossed for us both.

Good Luck for Monday

Demonjill
13-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Good luck and fingers x you both get the job!!!:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
15-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Have you heard from your parents yet?

Miffy did your parents get back to you?

estrelas
15-06-2009, 06:11 PM
How did it go for you both?

claireodon
15-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi, mum just rang to say that her husband hadn't got home in time to see other CM today so they've had to rearrange appt to tomorrow instead. She just wanted to let me know that she would give me a definite answer on Wednesday, which I thought was very nice of her. What about you FizzysFriends - has your parent got back to you?

FizzysFriends
15-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi, mum just rang to say that her husband hadn't got home in time to see other CM today so they've had to rearrange appt to tomorrow instead. She just wanted to let me know that she would give me a definite answer on Wednesday, which I thought was very nice of her. What about you FizzysFriends - has your parent got back to you?

Its good that she got back to you to update you, means you have to wait by the phone for even longer though :(

No, parent hasn't told me either way so doesn't look like I have got it :(

FizzysFriends
16-06-2009, 07:07 AM
This is really frustrating, shes stuck on the fact I don't have an ofsted report for her to check! What can I do to get around that?

claireodon
16-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Oh dear :( Have you got references with contact details so that she can contact the people? Wouldn't that reassure her together with the fact that you will be due an ofsted inspection quite soon won't you?

Minstrel
16-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Couldn't you re-assure her by the fact thta beacause you are fairly newly reg'd then Ofsted have definitely visited recently and also in the very near future?

FizzysFriends
16-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I have offered to give her the phone number of a current parent to see if that helps but I haven't heard anything since.