PDA

View Full Version : Just had the best day!!!

uf353432
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Had my under 5 mindee until 12.30, was hanging in the park waiting for preschool to open and was chatting to another mum waiting to do the same, and she asked if she could go on my waiting list - OMG!! I have a waiting list lol!! how cool is that?

Then picked up my 2 new after school mindees first day today - and they were cracking. Played nicely - had dinner, great manners and both said how much they liked my home - oldest mindee said my house was 'cool' I am so chuffed!

Day off tommorrow and then - I have another mindee starting next week and I will be full time then until Sept.

I just love that it was ok, and still can't get my head around having a waiting list - thats just soooo funny! :clapping:

misst104
11-06-2009, 04:46 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

xxx

sue m
11-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Made your day then? :clapping: :thumbsup:

loocyloo
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
well done!

Jacqui116
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Well done you. :clapping: :clapping:

Keep up good work because the way I look at it is us childminders are always on show at all times wether we are working or not and people do notice how you are with the mindees. Were I live peole hav made comments to me as I help to run a playgroup that some childminders who bring their mindees just sit there gaspbagging and not interacting with the mindees.

Enjoy yourself it sounds like you got a good bunch of mindees.

Jacqui

xxxxxxxxxxx

uf353432
11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Made your day then? :clapping: :thumbsup:

it really did!!! I was so worried when I first started that I wouldn't get anyone wanting me and now I am struggling to accomodate every person who speaks to me. Its just fab I absolutely love this job - I don't want LOADS of kids - but I do want to stay busy and have a stable income and its really flattering that people ask me to look after their kids.

uf353432
11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Well done you. :clapping: :clapping:

Keep up good work because the way I look at it is us childminders are always on show at all times wether we are working or not and people do notice how you are with the mindees. Were I live peole hav made comments to me as I help to run a playgroup that some childminders who bring their mindees just sit there gaspbagging and not interacting with the mindees.

Enjoy yourself it sounds like you got a good bunch of mindees.

Jacqui

xxxxxxxxxxx

very true Jacqui - I think we have been to the same groups lol!

sue m
11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
it really did!!! I was so worried when I first started that I wouldn't get anyone wanting me and now I am struggling to accomodate every person who speaks to me. Its just fab I absolutely love this job - I don't want LOADS of kids - but I do want to stay busy and have a stable income and its really flattering that people ask me to look after their kids.

I've loved the job since 1987 - with a 6 year break - and I used to be full most of the time and do a 10 hours day like a lot of the girls on here do. I do not know how they do it, specially the 'more mature minder' :o cos I certainly could not manage to do full time now. Enjoy your career, it's a wonderful one. I'm still in touch with quite a few of 'my Mums' and the children and I have photos and references and I will never throw them away. They will come to the old folks home with me with all the paperwork I have to do now :eek: :laughing:

uf353432
11-06-2009, 05:38 PM
awww Sue! thats nice - wouldn't go in an old folks home though hell no! lol!

sue m
11-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I get photos at Christmas or email from the Mums and I put them in the album I have of when they were little and still with me. Some are about 19 now. Wonderful times and memories.

Won't go in an old folks home? ;) Wait till you're old, your kids might decide differently LOL. Sorry, I've been telling mine not to put me in one. We were all discussing keeping the paperwork for over 20 years on here recently and I said I'd be in my late 70's and would have to take all my papers with me to the home.

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Well done

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

sharons
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM

Tippy Toes
12-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Thats brill news, really pleased for you. :clapping:
Hope I have the same luck as you! :blush: