PDA

View Full Version : Outings permission

allinatiz
15-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Hiya!

I'm supposed to be going on a trip with some other childminders over half term with my mindee. As I don't drive we will be travelling in another minders car so I know I will need a permission form signed by the parents for this. Can anyone suggest a good way to word it please? I'm terrible at stuff like this, I know what I want to put but it never sounds the way I want it to!

Thank you :)

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I would use the NCMA permission forms

I would also give parents a covering letter telling them about the visit:
to where
times
who with
how travelling

and get them to sign that they are ok with this too.

http://www.*************/#1713X0

miffy
15-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Agree with Vik

I do this because i don't drive so i always put who's car we are travelling in and whether child is using their own carseat - ofsted were fine with this

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:34 PM
This is my generic outing permission form that parents sign... it covers everything I can think of.

•take my child on outings and activities eg park, toddler groups, to and from Nursery or School etc at any time, with or without my prior knowledge and to be transported in any manner deemed suitable by Sarah eg car, friend’s car, pushchair, bus, taxi, train, walking with or without reins – to and from these outings, so long as my child is accompanied by Sarah and if in a vehicle then said vehicle is insured for business use, using appropriate car seats and seat belts for my child’s age and weight

Since parents have to be shown your insurance if childen travel in your car, I think it would follow that if their child is going for a planned outing in someone else's car, then they should be shown a copy of that person's insurance... just a thought! :D

susi513
16-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I have 1 general form with 4 YES/NO boxes:

I/we give permission for the above named child to go on routine outings with the childminder on foot

I/we give permission for the above named child to go on outings with the childminder using public transport. I understand that appropriate restraints will be used where provided.

I/we give permission for the above named child to travel in the childminder’s vehicle on the understanding that my child will use the appropriate child restraints (seatbelts/car seat) fitted in the vehicle.

I/we give permission for the above named child to travel in a vehicle accompanied by the childminder on the understanding that my child will use the appropriate child restraints (seatbelts/car seat) fitted in the vehicle.

====
I also have an outing permission form that specifies details of where we're going etc, which I use if we're going somewhere new or I'm asking for a contribution from the parent.

HTH

allinatiz
19-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for that, have got it all sorted now :)