PDA

View Full Version : Business Awards

christinajanep
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi Fellow Minders,
Please can i ask you all give me your support for tomorrow evening,
I am nominated for two awards at the Rugby Business Awards Ceremony (quite a big event in the area) Business newcomer and small business award, and to say i'm nervous is an under statement (to the point i'm shaking) i feel like a little fish in a very big pond against all the other business owners.
Both of my awards are for my childminding and one of my parents put me forward. :clapping:
I think to even come 3rd at any of these awards would be a massive thing not just for me but for childminders everywhere as i am fed up with all the bad press care workers get (nursery or childminding) there are some great carers out there and i think its about time this was recognised in a positive light

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
That sounds really exciting I bet you are really nervous

Good luck hope it goes really well for you

Keep us updated

Angel xx

Polly2
11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Thats fantastic :clapping: well done:clapping:
and to be nominated by a parent is amazing!!

Keep us posted x

christinajanep
11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi
i think it is exciting but there's going to be alot of well respected business owners there and kind of feel i'm gonna get trampled on as soon as i walk in lol

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi
i think it is exciting but there's going to be alot of well respected business owners there and kind of feel i'm gonna get trampled on as soon as i walk in lol

You will be fine dont let them put you off

Hold your head up and go for it :jump for joy:

Angel xx

sue m
11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Fantastic, well done! I'd be terrified!! Sorry, that doesn't help really does it :eek:

Jacqui116
11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hav a fantastic time tomorrow night.

Jacqui

xxxxxxxxxxxx

misst104
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
That is truely fantastic. You should feel very proud of yourself. I really hope it goes well and don't let anyone look down on you. You obviously do an awesome job and have as just as much right to be there as anyone else.

Don't forget to let us all know how you get on :thumbsup:

xxx jo

The Juggler
11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
wow! how amazing and what a great parent to do that. You are a business. You're providing a very crucial and important service. If we don't do our job properly there'll be no innovative business men and women in the future!

Good luck!

mandy moo
11-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Give your self a big slap on the back, how brilliant, well done you
be thinking of you

Pipsqueak
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi

YOU are obviously a well respected business/owner as well - don't forget that.

Well done and what a lovely vote of confidence from your parents:clapping: :clapping: Believe in yourself - they obviously do:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Well done, what an honour. I think it is great when Childminding is recognised.

Are you an NCMA member? If you are I'm sure they would love a photo and story for the next Who Minds.

uf353432
11-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I 'm not sure who nominates the other businesses - but I dare say its not someone like your customer/parent. The day any other businesses thinks they have nothing to learn from other business professionals is the day theirs is over and stagnated in my opinion.

So go in there and be proud as punch for your acheivement - if not for yourself then on behalf of the person who nominated you. Very many congratulations.....I'm sure you will carry the CM torch with pride on behalf of all of the CM's who work damn hard for love and a bit of money lol!:clapping: :clapping:

Playmate
11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow :clapping:

christinajanep
11-06-2009, 06:46 PM
many thanks for your kind words, i am very nervous but very excited to be given the opportunity to get the message out there what fantastic job us childminders do. I am a member of the NCMA so i'll see if they are interested in publishing something.
I've been out this evening buying my husband a bow tie as its DJ attire, think he is just as nervous as i am lol

TheBTeam
11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, relax and enjoy, your business is as important as the next mans, (so to speak) and to be nominated by a parent is amazing!

georgie456
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: You'll be great - wishing you lots of luck :clapping: :clapping::clapping:

christinajanep
11-06-2009, 09:57 PM
thanks all x will let u know how it goes :D

christinajanep
12-06-2009, 07:55 AM
well todays the day, feeling a little bit more nervous now as i found out i'm on the top table with newspaper editors and radio station dj's, so i put the radio on this morning and he was on there talking about making speeches etc, i havent written a speech as isnt that tempting fate ?

angeldelight
12-06-2009, 08:29 AM
well todays the day, feeling a little bit more nervous now as i found out i'm on the top table with newspaper editors and radio station dj's, so i put the radio on this morning and he was on there talking about making speeches etc, i havent written a speech as isnt that tempting fate ?

I am sure you will be ok once you are there

Have fun and just be yourself

xx

CherryBlossom
12-06-2009, 11:25 AM
All the best for tonight!!

x

christinajanep
12-06-2009, 11:33 AM
thanks very much, even if i dont win any of the awards i'm gonna make sure every person in that room knows what an excellent job us childminders do :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Polly2
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Will be thinking of you tonight ;) hope it goes well

Get that speech prepared :thumbsup:

misst104
12-06-2009, 11:55 AM
thanks very much, even if i dont win any of the awards i'm gonna make sure every person in that room knows what an excellent job us childminders do :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Goosd for you hun :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hope it goes really well xxxxx

cherry
12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow good for you, have a wonderful evening :clapping:

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Well done, what an honour. I think it is great when Childminding is recognised.

Are you an NCMA member? If you are I'm sure they would love a photo and story for the next Who Minds.

beat me to it! Was going to suggest the same. Definately deserve a mention in the next who minds.

michellethegooner
12-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Good luck, I'm sure you will have a fab time, and what wonderful parents to nominate you like that shows how much u are valued well done!!!!

Hope you have a speech ready :clapping:

christinajanep
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
thanks v much.
i'm glad it wasnt the parent who is supposed to pick their child up at 4 on a friday, but then decides to call me at 3.50 saying she was going to get her hair done and she'll see me at 5.... i was supposed to be getting mine done at 4.30 :angry:

mrs c
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Its brilliant someone holds you with such high regard. Look forward to hearing how this went for you.

christinajanep
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
well here goes ladies and gents, lets hope i can do us all proud :clapping: