PDA

View Full Version : After school and snacks/meals/drinks?

Tippy Toes
11-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I have a potential after school mindee only for one hour and have decided to just charge my hourly rate of £3.50.

Just wonder thing what you would charge to provide snacks/meals/drinks during this 1 hr?

Thanks all :D

claires
11-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi I include snacks and drinks in my hourly fee.

Typically after school snacks would be fruit platter, toast or cheese and crackers, something on those lines.

If you are only having them for an hour I don't really think there's time to do a meal.
xx

jck
11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a potential after school mindee only for one hour and have decided to just charge my hourly rate of £3.50.

Just wonder thing what you would charge to provide snacks/meals/drinks during this 1 hr?

Thanks all :D

I include snacks and drinks in my hourly fee, I have them for 1 hour. jck

Tired
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I used to include snacks in the hourly rate. until I had 3 older children (aged 7-10) and they started to eat me out of house and home. A typical snack time would be 2 or 3 galsses of fruit juice, two slices of toast, a bowl of cereal and a packet of crisps, EACH.
Then I started charging 80p per day for snacks. One of the parents complained, but the others thought it was a fair price.

So i would suggest not charging for this 1 child, but be prepared to re-think that as your business grows.

butterfly
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
i charge within my hourly rate of £4 per hour. however after school kids do eat loads and i really have to think carefully about what i provide for them! typically my 4 after schoolies eat 4 pieces of fruit, 8 slices of bread, 4 brioche rolls and quarter of a jar of spread every day!

i make sure i charge a 2 hour min fee after school to cover this!!

i also had to rethink my sibling discount as the older ones were getting snack at 3.20/hour but ate loads more than the younger ones! i changed it to £3.60/hr!

i allow for 75p per snack in my accounts so i would think about charging about this for a snack. the problem with charging extra for snack is that one parent may say no to you providing a snack which will cause problems if you have more than one child!

Bananabrain
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi I include snacks and drinks in my hourly fee.

Typically after school snacks would be fruit platter, toast or cheese and crackers, something on those lines.

If you are only having them for an hour I don't really think there's time to do a meal.
xx

I'm pretty much the same, can't be doing with seperate charges for food.Life's complicated enough!

Foodwise,same as Claire too,chopped up fruit gives them a choice,is more appealing and hopefully teaches them to consider others without grabbing the best bits for themselves:laughing:

louised
11-06-2009, 01:31 PM
All my mindees, both full timers and after schoolies get toast when we have done the school run. I only give them 1 slice each as they are all picked up before 4.30pm and I don't think they would eat their evening meals if they had more. They have toast everyday as it's quick and easy and everybody knows what to expect. The younger ones have fruit for their morning snack and all snacks are included in my fees.

Deb
11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I think a piece of toast or fruit and a drink would be adequate. Also - I charge a standard 10.00 afterschool fee. The drinks and snacks are included, as it dinner if they stay till 6.00

uf353432
11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I charge min 2 hours and include snacks and drinks. I only supply water outside of mealtimes, and I charge extra for meals - so if they stay for tea they get fruit juice for example. Snacks will be something like a biscuit, toast, fruit etc.

Tippy Toes
12-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied. You have been very helpful x :thumbsup:

mushpea
12-06-2009, 10:20 AM
i include all the snacks andmeals in my price , when we get in the fruit bowl goes out and so do the bread sticks they can choose to have one peice of fruit or 2 bread sticks, when they have all choosen i take the bowl away agian and then thats it till tea time at 5pm when i serve an evening meal and deserts.