PDA

View Full Version : Annual fees/ registration fee

cuddlybunny38
15-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi I live in hertfordshire and I went to my 2 cims meeting in Jan 08 so have just started the process of registering still waiting for ofsted to let me know when my pre-reg visit is, have spoke to them as me and my daughter are going to mind together we have had to fill in cm1 and cm2 so that is in the post. Today we recieved an invoice each for £20 the letter attached said its for annual fee and the invoice said its for the application, i rang ofsted and the man said that we have to pay it and then also pay for our registration a bit further down the line. I asked why the letter and invoice said two different things but he couldnt answer this and just said it had to be paid urgently. I said but we hadnt heard about any pre visits so didnt even know if we were going to be excepted but he said this fee was for the paperwork that they do wether you get accepted or not. Has this happened to others ? is this the correct procedure that ofsted charge 2 fees? When i was a minder previously( i gave up for 3 years but now going back into it) you just paid a yearly fee. Also we was not told about 2 fees at the cims meetings just the annual fee. Just wandered. thanks Sharon

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I had to pay a £18 fee before OFSTEAD come for my pre registration visit xxx

deeb66
15-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes

I am afraid Ofsted charge you literally for everything these days.

You are expected to pay the initial fee for administration and then you will have to pay the registration fees.............sorry

cuddlybunny38
15-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the replies, Changed since I did it before, well never mind only money....................lol

samgeordie
15-02-2008, 01:36 PM
ive had to pay £28 for submitting my application in scotland, so i guess this is the norm elswhere too.

littlesprogs
15-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I only paid the £20 registration fee. I never had to pay and admin fee for checks! I only got registered last month and paid my reg fee around october time so unless it is a brand new thing it seems strange to me.

I would ring ofsted again and hope you get someone else to speak to. My husband registered after me and also only paid the reg fee.

We did get the invoice through before our pre-reg meeting though but we didnt pay it until after the meeting when she'd said we would be registered subject to checks etc.

Cheeky Chops
15-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I just paid the £20 i think it was (or round abouts) that was Aug 07 and I havnt had to pay anything else since!!

xxx

cuddlybunny38
15-02-2008, 01:53 PM
This was what I queried with the bloke as the letter said annual fee and the invoice said application fee. I explained to him that if it was a registartion fee and I wasnt yet registered till may time then it would be due each fem so I would be losing out on a few moths regitration. Thats when he said you pay this then pay ofsted the registarion fee, does my head in already. lol

deeb66
15-02-2008, 01:54 PM
You have to pay a registration fee every year!

deeb66
15-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry

I have looked at this again and I really didn't explain very well at all.....hence the confusion :blush:

Yes you have to pay the administration fee (we didn't have to in the past) and you will be expected to then pay a yearly registration fee.

Sorry.......

cuddlybunny38
15-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I know it used to be £11 then it went up to £14 thats when I stopped minding 3 years ago. You only used to pay the registration fee then ,not an application fee so it must be a new thing. So you pay £20 application fee and then £20 registration fee thats what the ofsed bloke was saying to me.

sarah707
15-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Ridiculous isn't it! I just love the way Ofsted make it so easy to understand as well... :rolleyes: