PDA

View Full Version : i was rather shocked today to see what this baby had pinned to her...

sammy
10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
i went to a childrens centre today and there was a nan looking after her 6 month old grand-daughter.

The 6 month old had a safety pin on her baby gro- not a "safe" safety pin like you get on old terry towelling nappys - just an ordinary one out of the sewing kits, but then can you guess what was on the end of the bit of chain......................

it looked like a mini pen knife - it could have been a nail file type one, but it looked like a penknife!!!! now why the hell has she got that hanging off her tiny babygrow!! you know the ones that are metal and rounded and you have to pull the blade out- normally its a pain to get them out!

I must of been staring at it for ages trying to work out what it was, she was foreign so didnt understand english well, but when i told the lady who worked there she said "oh its her nan, its ok" i think she knew her as she lives close by. But i didnt know what to say, i couldnt speak her language and i did report it to the lady who worked there. I was so tempted to just take it off.

Mouse
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe it was a cultural or religious chain of some sort? It would be interesting to find out what it was.

miffy
11-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Does sound very strange.

You did your best though

Miffy xx

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Does sound strange

Like Miffy said though you did your best

Angel xx

Mollymop
11-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Very strange!!

Toothfairy
11-06-2009, 09:33 AM
How odd! I'm afraid I would have been realy nosey and asked her what it was.:D

Ripeberry
11-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Maybe they are Sikh? When the children are older they have a 'ritual knife', maybe babies have smaller safer ones? But then i could just be barking up the wrong tree :rolleyes:

Deb
11-06-2009, 08:43 PM
My guess is that they would be sikh and that was one of the 5 'k' items.

Deb
11-06-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/sikhism/customs/fiveks.shtml