PDA

View Full Version : Coulpe of questions for network paperwork.

venus89
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I have my network coordinator coming tomorrow to assess me for suitability for the network. I had a HUGE list of questions to answer and have got through most of them but I have brain fry and was wondering if some kind soul or souls could remind me of the following....

1. How would you go about what you would go about if you suspect a child is being abused? I've totally forgotten if it's SS we're supposed to ring or not, if we think parents may be involved in the abuse. Also, is it NCMA we can call confidentially with regards to suspicions? (ie, if we think there's a possibility but not sure if we're reading the signs right)?

2. Much the same as before - it's possible signs of abuse (for which I've got burn marks on soles of feet/ unexplained change in behaviour / role play of abusive situations / bruises etc in unusual places eg insides of legs or arms) and procedures to follow if there is any cause for alarm...... would that be the same as what you'd do if you suspect child is being abused? If so, why are they asking me twice?!

venus89
10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I mean 'couple' :blush:

funtoplay
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

All sounds good. I would add ofsted for question 1. You can also call the police if you think the child is in iminant danger. You can also talk to your network coordintor for advice although be careful about confidentiality.

I would also put for question 2 - record everything in writing.

Hope this helps

Julia

venus89
11-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Hi,

All sounds good. I would add ofsted for question 1. You can also call the police if you think the child is in iminant danger. You can also talk to your network coordintor for advice although be careful about confidentiality.

I would also put for question 2 - record everything in writing.

Hope this helps

Julia

Thank you so much :D There were 28 pages of questions to wade through and I was getting to the end of my sanity :laughing:
Fingers crossed she says I'm good for the network

sdean
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
If you suspect abuse you contact NCMA and your Local Safeguarding Children's Board - they will then discuss with you and refer you to immediately contact Social Care or explain what they would like you to observe, note etc. You must discuss with parents that you are making a referral to social care UNLESS you think that the child's life is in immediate danger or by making the parents aware of your intentions this would put the child's life in danger.

Hope that helps !:)