PDA

View Full Version : What will happen if Ofsted come. Im decorating, & everythings upside down

Ben10mad
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
:panic:
I have sent my letter for a variation the other day, to have an extra 3 children to my numbers if im to have an assistant. I know i should'nt of sent it yet just incase they come out but really need to get it all moving.
I currently care for no more than 5 so it will be 8. (2 under 5, 1 over 5)
I heard they go on the size of your house so i sent them measurements of the living room and kitchen as im really hoping they wont come out as im decorating i have no wall paper on walls, and upstairs is upside down. Its clean and safe for children though. All my paper work is in the loft 2 keep out the way, that all needs sorting. :panic:

Do you think they will come out to me?
and what will happen when they come?
Will they want to see all my policys and paper work?

farrah xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
As long as the house is safe for the children you will be fine even if they do turn up.

I am sure that they will phone if they do decide to come out but think that a phone call to talk to you will be more likely

christinajanep
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
i would risk assess and send them a copy, then also call them to say what you've got going on and can they inspect after the works finished.
This has been done in the past and OFSTED have been fine with it.

rickysmiths
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I have had loads of variations and never had a visit because I have asked for them. As long as you sent risk assessments with the application they are most likely to phone you to talk it through. :thumbsup: