PDA

View Full Version : question re rising 5?

sarahstanbridge
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
when does a four year who starts school in september full time from october go into your over 5 numbers? i said i thought once in full time education but my friend says on her certificate it states they they come out of under 5's in the term after their 5th birthday? my certificate doesnt say this! does anyone else have this on their certificate. thanks

uf353432
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
mine has

when caring for 4 or 5 yr old children who are in full time education may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education providing the max number is not exceeded in the eary years reg.

essentially once they hit 10 sessions at school - they are classed in your 5-8 age group even if they are just 4 yrs old.

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
If they do 10 or more sessions at school then they are classed as over 5 in your numbers.

Daftbat
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I think the confusion arises in some instances because whilst they are classed as over five when they start full time school they are still under EYFS until the 31`st Aug following their 5th birthday.