PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for 2 spaces for May/June next year....

sarah32
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Ive just had a enquiry for twins and thought lovely. asked when and then she said may/june next year.

Did say might be a bit early as she would have to pay a deposit/retainer and its asking a childminder to hold two spaces for along time.

She said shes desparate to come and see me as she knows she will have trouble finding someone with two spaces.

So shes coming next wednesday.

Any other ideas??

sweets
10-06-2009, 11:48 AM
ooh thats a LONG time i don't think i would hold two spaces until then unless she is prepared to pay a decent retainer.
I would let her come round for a visit but then maybe tell her to contact you again after christmas rearding places:)

Pipsqueak
10-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I would work out a price based on the two spaces..... and yes its going to be very very scary and perhaps quarter it but ensuring its still substantial. Perhaps you could suggest that she pays a deposit amount of the next 3/4/5 months in installments as its quite a large sum. The agreement would not stand until the whole deposit has been paid and again she would loose it if she reneged on the agreement.

Again I would impress upon her that its going to work out expensive and she WILL loose the deposit if she doesn't take up the contract on the terms agreed.

Once she takes up the contract perhaps you could knock a bit of each payment date so it leaves the remainder of a months fees in advance for the final/end of the contract.

Think thats the only way I would agree to holding two spaces for so long.

amirose
10-06-2009, 11:51 AM
OR what about bringing them for a day a week now?
You will be getting a "retainer" through the fee earned from having them and she won't feel like she is "wasting" (not quite the right word but you know what I mean) money?

sarah32
10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I thought about suggesting sending them for a day next month as will have monday and fridays available then.

At the moment I have one under 5 contract finishing in september and 2 starting nursery in April 2010.

I dont think I can keep two spaces open as will need to fill one space in September.

I think i''ll have to see how our meeting goes on wednesday and play it by ear.:)

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Its a difficult one, it really is quite a long time for you to hold 2 spaces. I would definately charge a retainer for this long away.

Good luck, let us know how it goes x

youarewhatyoueat
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
It may be worth asking if the children are going to go to playgroup depending on how old they are as next year many councils are going to offer 15hrs free to 2 year olds, we currently already get it for 3 year olds and that would be a huge saving for twins, also you could offer to keep her informed of any enquiries starting september and maybe she could pay to hold the one space open untill your other spaces are available.Would be a good one to have,lucky you.Caroline

The Juggler
11-06-2009, 10:09 AM
that is a long way off and a lot of income to miss out on unless you can fill with a temporary contract. Worth contacting SS to see if they have any temporary work maybe.

I recently lost a little boy I had because his mum was taking a year's mat leave and I couldn't afford to have half pay for a year and she couldn't afford to pay me even half pay. It was all very friendly (and very sad) but at the end of the day you need to pay the bills.

Can you tell her you'll hold it on deposit but that if you have a chance to fill space with someone else that you would offer her first refusal but that you would need to consider quite a substantial retainer if that happened to hold the place for her.

It's a tricky one. Personally I wouldn't be able to wait that long (financially)

sarah32
17-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Well she came with the twins

Lovely little things. Only 5 months old but will be older as placement not to next year.

The meeting went well, she loved my house, the animals including my 2 very large dogs. Introduced the babies to one of my dogs. She wants them to be with a childminder to learn english which I said wouldnt be a problem.

Shes going to ring me January to see what I have available as will be needing 2 days.

Sounds hopeful and she lives really close as well.:)

misst104
17-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Glad the meeting went well. Hopefully it will work out o.k and you may have spaces for her but I think you did the right thing not to commit and will keep fingers crossed that you have lots of other nice enquiries in the meantime :)

xxx jo