PDA

View Full Version : how many children?

mrsh
15-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi,
How many children would 2 qualified childminders be allowed in the same house?
We have children of our own but are thinking of both doing the course but are unsure if the same rules apply and we would only be allowed 6 under 8.

Anyone??

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 10:55 AM
it would depend on how many children of your own you have and their ages and also the amount of space you have available to the children xxx

mrsh
15-02-2008, 11:00 AM
it would depend on how many children of your own you have and their ages and also the amount of space you have available to the children xxx

At the time we will be ready are children will be 2.5, 5, 6, 7, 8. We are in a 4 bed house with conservatory/playroom and good sized garden.

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I am in a 4 bed house and work with my daughter who is also registered

We were registered for 6 children but asked them to up it for us - so we are now allowed 8 children and 2 of those can be under 1 if we work together

It says on our certificate that we can have 8 children if we work together
6 children if we work alone with 1 under 1 year old

Our house is large - with a almost finished play room ( I mean not even started yet ha )

If you go over those numbers I think it would be then classed as a nursery setting and more of a business - so you would also have to check with landlord if it is not your own property

We have no small children of our own so have none to count in our numbers

Hope that helps

Angel xx

mrsh
15-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks for that.

We would ideally need 1 or 2 full time places and 1 or 2 part timmers to make it worth while. All our other children will be at school except our 2.5 year old.

ruby
15-02-2008, 04:30 PM
me and my daughter work together
we can have 7
5 under 5 no more than 3 under 18months and 2 5-8yrs

we also have no children of our own and if there is one of us then the number goes down to 6

athy and rachel