PDA

View Full Version : hepl child has been removed

clairelou
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
a child has been removed from my care as the parents are adamant i reported them for neglect, i didn't but wish i had now, i chose to help them
should i send them a final bill as its been 2 weeks now:(

Bushpig
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Absolutely! They have a notice period... whether the child is there or not. :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Cant believe that! Yes you should definately send them a final bill. You have done nothing wrong, they still need to pay you. Best of luck xx

Pipsqueak
10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I would write them a letter saying that you are sadden by the immediate removal of the child and the assumption that it was you who reported them - reiterating that it wasn't.
Enclose a final bill with clear dates of when you expect it to be paid by and point on that the contract has been breached and you will pursue this legally to recover monies owed.

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Shame that they feel like that

How long had you been minding the child and did you have the child often was it every day?

I agree with pip I would also put it in writing and keep a copy yourself

Good luck

Angel xx

clairelou
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks for the advice, feel very alone on theis one, dont want to breach confidentiality but have been minding for 11 years, and for this family for 6 years, the child i have / had ! is almost 3 attends one day a week and owe £56 for May plus 2 weeks at £21 if i charge the no notice fee
The father was soooo horrid when he phoned i just want to hide and not stir up the situation any more by asking for money

tammerisk
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
because you are a profesional you would ahve had to have given your name if you were reporting this so you could tell the parent that and you would also have to have told them first send them a copy of your safegaurding policy that should state that this is what you would do and tell them they can ask who reported them to if they didn't do it anonomesly

clairelou
10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
it was done anonymously, but they apparently are allowed a copy of the transcript of phone call, from that letter they assume its me, i told him they would know if its me as i would have followed procedures but he did not believe me, he works for the NHS and often has to report people himself so he should know.
He said i must have done it by the 'back door' so not to be blamed
They have both been irrational since this happened looking to blame someone but really they only have themselves to blame, the mother has admitted everything is true but they have pulled the wool over social services eyes as they had 5 days to turn the house around before the appointment.
Her sister prepares neglect cases for court and a friend has a shed full of bin bags they cleared the house in the 5 days, they have covered up so much and told me everything as i was the only one she could trust, as i was out of the country, the letter changed their minds.
I have lost a friend, mindee and my own sanity!
i feel i should have some solicitor or something as i dont know what will happen next.

christinajanep
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
r u a member of the ncma ?

clairelou
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
yes i wondered whether i should contact their solicitors, i have just finished drafting a letter hope i am doing the right thing

christinajanep
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
ive had to use them in the past for non paying parents and i founf them to be quite helpful.

Pipsqueak
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
it was done anonymously, but they apparently are allowed a copy of the transcript of phone call, from that letter they assume its me, i told him they would know if its me as i would have followed procedures but he did not believe me, he works for the NHS and often has to report people himself so he should know.
He said i must have done it by the 'back door' so not to be blamed
They have both been irrational since this happened looking to blame someone but really they only have themselves to blame, the mother has admitted everything is true but they have pulled the wool over social services eyes as they had 5 days to turn the house around before the appointment.
Her sister prepares neglect cases for court and a friend has a shed full of bin bags they cleared the house in the 5 days, they have covered up so much and told me everything as i was the only one she could trust, as i was out of the country, the letter changed their minds.
I have lost a friend, mindee and my own sanity!
i feel i should have some solicitor or something as i dont know what will happen next.

Of course the parents are acting irrationally - they have had a report of neglecting their chidren - rightly or wrongly and they are reacting the same way most of us probably would - in fear, in distress - I think from that angle anyone can sympathise. They are lashing out and probably do not know who to trust or believe.

What is unacceptable is the way they are treating you. Perhaps when they calm down and start thinking clearly agan then they might see things better but I wouldn't hold your breathe for an apology or even without fighting for your money!

You can report someone without giving your details and its neither here nor there whether you done it -even if you did you would have been acting upon your professional duties and responsibilities. If someone has done this maliciously then its an atrocious thing to have done.

Unless they are slandering you I don't think there is anything you can do.
Like I say - I would write them a calm, professional letter expressing your hurt and surprise etc as I have said before.