PDA

View Full Version : QUITE DISAPPOINTED NOW!

chewy sweets
10-06-2009, 08:59 AM
:panic: Just spoken to my inspector after trying to get hold of her for a week. Everything with my application is complete just waiting for a pre reg inspection date. She said she can't make it until 8th July!! That's a month away! I know it might not seem much but i'm not working at the moment and when your not earning money a month seems like a year!
How long after pre - reg inspection do you normally get your certificate?
As i'm looking at getting a part time evening job. At least that way my OH will be home to look after our baby!
Sorry to moan- but worrying about how much longer it's going to take!:panic:

CherryBlossom
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
What a shame- it is hard as you have to live, maybe getting Part-time job is best. From reading other posts on here, it can take up to another few weeks or months for Certificate to come through! You might not be ready to start until August on the other hand it could come through sooner!
Have you had CRB checks done, you don't get them until inspection date do you?
I think it is different for everyone-lets just hope it is a speedy process for you once Inspector has visited!

Cherry Blossom

xx:thumbsup:

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
That is a shame but the time will fly by

Have you done any policies or your welcome folder yet maybe you could make a start on them to keep you busy ?

Or you could just sit here and read the forum - heaps of advice and information and lots of funny stuff too - you will be a little expert by the time she comes out ha ha

Angel xx

Allie
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Use the time to get all your policies etc ready and impress the inspector with your good practice

Allie

Miriam
10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi

I am really sorry to hear that your inspector cannot come out for a month. I understand what you are saying about not earning any money. I was/am in a similar position. I got my certificate on Monday, and my registration visit was done at the end of april. I was quite surprised that it was that quick as when I had my inspection the inspector told me not to expect to be registered before August at the earliest!

I would advise you to get as ready as possible with parent packs/ policies etc, then once you have had your inspection then you can start advertising for families to use your service - that way you may be able to find families to start as soon as you are registered.

It is a long process, and quite frustrating - especially when there is no money coming in. But keep going and good luck!!! :) :)

chewy sweets
10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
That is a shame but the time will fly by

Have you done any policies or your welcome folder yet maybe you could make a start on them to keep you busy ?

Or you could just sit here and read the forum - heaps of advice and information and lots of funny stuff too - you will be a little expert by the time she comes out ha ha

Angel xx

Things are done differently here in wales. I've already done all my policies and procedures. Done everything i needed to do so i'm just waiting on them now!
Thanks for your replies!:clapping:

wellybelly
10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Dont be disheartened, theres lots lots you can do while you're waiting...

I compliled a huge file of information which I gethred from the internet about multicultural traditions and celebrations, themes to focus on with the children (and for different age groups) and the EYFS,

I made my wish list of things I would like to purchase in the future,

I brainstormed ideas for activities based around the 6 areas of the EYFS learning and development.

What I will use for planning, observations and assessment

I started a refelctive diary

I read lots of books and downloads from the internet

i made thorough Risk Assessments of my home, my car, outings, situations that may happen etc.

i made sure I had all the required Policies and procedures and tweaked them before I was happy with the,

I planned Menus for different seasons

ideas for cheap if not free days out

I joined a childminding network and talked in depth to other childminders about what they do and where they go.

I designed Eye catching posters for shops, schools and community centres.

I did a mail drop outside schools

I know it probably doesnt make you feel any better as it means you wont be earning any money, but put your time to good use. I dont get anytime to myself anymore, so enjoy it while it lasts.

LeeAnn
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Hmm I know it is different in wales, but I just had my final pre reg inspection today (I moved house so everything was delayed so new premises could be inspected) and my CC officer says my certificate should be here within 2 weeks.

x x x x

manjay
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I think it may also depend on your local CSSIW Katie. I think there are others in your area who may be able to advise better but up here once your pre reg inspection is done your application then has to go before a panel which is only held once a month for it to be approved. My inspector was great and called to let me know on the day of the panel that it was all fine and that she would go ahead and advise my development worker to order my NCMA stuff. This meant my pre reg was mid October, panel meeting was beginning of November and my certificate was issued 19th NOvember. But as I say every CSSIW may not work like this.

I know how frustrating it is as my application took 12 months in total but you are so very nearly there. A part time job although not ideal seems like a good solution in the short term an dthat might also take you through the first few weeks minding until you get established.

My best advice would be to get yourself well known at local toddler groups or with other childminders. All my children have come from me doing this and this way you can let everyone know that you will be registered by the end of August at the latest. Just in time for the new school year.

Hth

amanda x

kirsty1329
10-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry its taking so long for you, I was quite concerned it was going to take a long time but i've been amazed at how quick its been here in Scotland. I put my application in on 18th May, had my pre reg visit on 8th June and got final visit on 30th June and lady said i would be registered on that date. in total 6 weeks, i'm really shocked though pleased. I keep thinking something is going to go wrong and hold it all up when I really need to get started too.

Kirsty xxx

jibberjitz
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Hope things start to move quickly for you :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry its taking so long for you, I was quite concerned it was going to take a long time but i've been amazed at how quick its been here in Scotland. I put my application in on 18th May, had my pre reg visit on 8th June and got final visit on 30th June and lady said i would be registered on that date. in total 6 weeks, i'm really shocked though pleased. I keep thinking something is going to go wrong and hold it all up when I really need to get started too.

Kirsty xxx

think you/she has it a bit wrong there sorry! when you have the last visit they have to go and do report for their senior who will approve you, and they won't do you till you have ins sorted, and you can't sort ins out till they tell you to :panic: it's about 2 weeks or so after the final visit to get it all sorted and your certificate through - you can't mind till you have your cert.

Sorry!

Katie, hope it's sorted swiftly for you, mine took 11 months with the CC! :eek:

tulip0803
10-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Katie

I had my insp mid Sept & got the letter to say I was reg at the beginning of Nov (not cert as that will come later after translation don't need certificate to be registered in Wales at start). BUT they did manage to find another bit of paperwork (OFSTED inspection reports hadn't been sent by OFSTED) that needed to be sorted and took about 10 days more than insp & me thought.

After insp I was told to ring Carmarthenshire Children's Partnership for the NCMA toolkit & insurance and as soon as insurance cert came & I signed off the other couple of things she wanted I would be registered - then came the prob when she tried to get it signed off with her boss:( . We didn't need to go to panel here last year.

You are nearly there. As said before try joining a local minders group or drop-in centre to meet other minders. My first mindee after registration was passed on by another minder who couldn't do it:D

I am also doing a part-time job until things pick-up (very quiet in my area at the moment) and I have done an evening job when I minded before for a couple of months when all mindees finished at same time due to redundancy & college course finishing)

geordiebunny
11-06-2009, 01:28 AM
I know different in wales but I'm in same boa have got everything ready, policies/procedures, information pack, mock books for diaries etc, house all done even got business cards and things. Got phone call today from inspector advising 2nd July for my visit, just know it will take ages due to 16 year old step son lived all over and been in trouble with police few times (nothing major that I know of). It's a real pain and am sure am doing hubby's head in. Sure that only got phone call today because I asked for my inspectors number to chase up my visit when they rang to ask about health declaration. Part time job is not an option for me as there aren't any which haven't been taken by school leavers or seasonal workers here.
Here's betting anyway that you will be registered before me. Good luck

chewy sweets
11-06-2009, 06:40 AM
I know different in wales but I'm in same boa have got everything ready, policies/procedures, information pack, mock books for diaries etc, house all done even got business cards and things. Got phone call today from inspector advising 2nd July for my visit, just know it will take ages due to 16 year old step son lived all over and been in trouble with police few times (nothing major that I know of). It's a real pain and am sure am doing hubby's head in. Sure that only got phone call today because I asked for my inspectors number to chase up my visit when they rang to ask about health declaration. Part time job is not an option for me as there aren't any which haven't been taken by school leavers or seasonal workers here.
Here's betting anyway that you will be registered before me. Good luck

keep in touch and let me know when your registered- bet you'll be before me! lol xx:laughing:

CherryBlossom
11-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Dont be disheartened, theres lots lots you can do while you're waiting...

I compliled a huge file of information which I gethred from the internet about multicultural traditions and celebrations, themes to focus on with the children (and for different age groups) and the EYFS,

I made my wish list of things I would like to purchase in the future,

I brainstormed ideas for activities based around the 6 areas of the EYFS learning and development.

What I will use for planning, observations and assessment

I started a refelctive diary

I read lots of books and downloads from the internet

i made thorough Risk Assessments of my home, my car, outings, situations that may happen etc.

i made sure I had all the required Policies and procedures and tweaked them before I was happy with the,

I planned Menus for different seasons

ideas for cheap if not free days out

I joined a childminding network and talked in depth to other childminders about what they do and where they go.

I designed Eye catching posters for shops, schools and community centres.

I did a mail drop outside schools

I know it probably doesnt make you feel any better as it means you wont be earning any money, but put your time to good use. I dont get anytime to myself anymore, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Some handy tips there..
I will have to remember this post when it comes to be registering!

kirsty1329
11-06-2009, 10:43 AM
think you/she has it a bit wrong there sorry! when you have the last visit they have to go and do report for their senior who will approve you, and they won't do you till you have ins sorted, and you can't sort ins out till they tell you to it's about 2 weeks or so after the final visit to get it all sorted and your certificate through - you can't mind till you have your cert.

Sorry!

Oh thanks for that, here's me thinking that I would be registered from that date!!! Its such a long and slow process isn't it? Oh well, no harm in advertising vacancies anyway and will just explain not registered yet.

Thank you :)

geordiebunny
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I will do but am sure mine will take ages with crb, if only i could lock up the 16 year old until he's 40 then i'd be ok but he just keeps getting in trouble and they keep saying he will be charged next time he doesn't care have even said he sorts himself out by 31st august with college (and actually go) or a job or come 1st sept i am taking him to local army office and signing him up, e knows i'll do it aswell don't care what his real mother thinks as she blames me for it all anyway.