PDA

View Full Version : I was brave!

Polly2
10-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi guys

There is a brand new nursery opened just round the corner from me. Luckily I haven't lost any work (so far) but not a shortage in my area thankfully.

Still I have been a bit apprehensive and nervous about it so I thought I would bite the bullet and go and professionally introduce myself :blush:

It went really well! the manager said "do you realise what a good reputaion you have?" I said no and she went on to tell me :D :blush: :D it was fab!! nice to hear some feedback and just what I need at the moment.

She showed me round the nursery and to be honest it was all shiny and new and immaculate but a bit cold and clinical...it reminded me of the childrens ward at the hospital.

Now I have never been in a nursery before and I am sure once she gets full it will be buzzing but the atmoshere just wasn't there - maybe I am biased.

Any way I truly wish her all the best as she has invested a lot and it is fab.
and I am glad I was brave because now I won't be seen as the stuck-up cm ikwim.

Just thought I would share x

Pudding Girl
10-06-2009, 08:04 AM
It'll soon change once it's full of little angels and wall displays :D

I think that was a very good idea to go and show your face :) you never know it might get you some business, plus how fab to hear from someone else how brill you are?!

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 08:06 AM
That was very brave of you well done for doing that Holly

Well done too on the nice comments that she made

Maybe you could ask to advertise there next - you know incase kids only go there part time etc they might need a nice childminder - YOU !!! :laughing:

Angel xxx

Polly2
10-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes you are right! we also agreed to recommend each other and she did say to pop in anytime to join in activities so that will be nice.

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Well done Polly2. Gr8 idea to introduce yourself and how lovely to have such nice feedback x:clapping:

CherryBlossom
10-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Thats good news, maybe you will get even more work now ha ha.

Well done!

x

Tatjana
10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
That is brave, how lovely to hear you've got a great reputation!

xx

jibberjitz
10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
That's lovely to hear you got some good feedback :thumbsup:

Polly2
11-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys xx