PDA

View Full Version : double buggy?

John
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm going to buy a new double buggy as my other one is very heavy takes all your time to get it up a step or kerb and i'm a stong guy. So just wanting some feed back on a good one to buy under £150 and light to handdle.

John.

Jules27
10-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Hi John I've got a side by side double from Mothercare which I find really easy to use. Steers well, folds down easily and is a lot smaller than many other side by side buggys, therefore takes up less room!! Cost £130.:)

haribo
10-06-2009, 06:32 AM
think ive got that too . mines mothercares duolight and its great very light and easy to handle

Pudding Girl
10-06-2009, 08:00 AM
secondhand Nipper twin :clapping: if you don't drive though, check your chosen buggy will fit through your front door! :panic:

Mrs.L.C
10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
out n about nipper off ebay

sarah707
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
secondhand Nipper twin :clapping: if you don't drive though, check your chosen buggy will fit through your front door! :panic:

My new one doesn't! :laughing:

I have a second hand maclaren side by side, basic model, don't like the hoods (they are warped) and it's heavier than I would like (I'm a weakling though) but otherwise it's fine. Full lie back for both sides is nice to have.

Hth :D

flora
10-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Defo a nipper.

I bought mine two years ago on ebay. It's in fab condition light, so easy to push even with 2 3yrolds in it.

Came with rains cover and seat pads for £120 :clapping:

Minnie mouse
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
im selling a mothercare duolite its really light and great to push, it has had quite abit of use hence the sale price of £20 :)

John
11-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Thank's for the replys:) Went to my local toddlers group today and some one was selling one so grab it up. It's a Cosatto Duet Twin £20 so think i got a bargin nothing wrong with it. Will be giveing it ago tomorrow when i take the 2year old twins out.

John.

Cazz
11-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Thank's for the replys:) Went to my local toddlers group today and some one was selling one so grab it up. It's a Cosatto Duet Twin £20 so think i got a bargin nothing wrong with it. Will be giveing it ago tomorrow when i take the 2year old twins out.

John.

Wow - that was a bargain!

Hope you and the twins like it :thumbsup:

Carole x

Cazz
11-06-2009, 10:31 PM
im selling a mothercare duolite its really light and great to push, it has had quite abit of use hence the sale price of £20 :)

Out of interest - whereabouts are you Minnie Mouse?

I'm hoping to persuade my friend to sell me her M & P twin buggy as she doesn't really use it anymore but if that doesn't come off I'll be needing to look elsewhere!

Carole x

sammyrl
12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I went round and round in circles about this one too... I definately think side by side is easier to push and more comfortable for passengers. The only one that will fit through my doorways is a double Mountain Buggy Terrain (same width as a wheelchair so good for public transport too). I could not find a narrower double anywhere and I researched on the internet for three whole days! It is narrower than a double Nipper. New they are very expensive £600/£700 ish, but I got mine second hand for £200 including lots of extras. They are often on ebay (have seen then for £150) and at NCT sales. It seemed like a massive outlay, but they really are built to last, almost indestructable, folds down easily and pretty flat, is very light and can push with one hand, you can replace all the bits and get it serviced OK. I figured it would be worth it because I hope to be minding for a few years and most buggys only seem to be built to last two children. Best of luck. Sam