PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with what to do next please?!

newbieminder
09-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi all!

I am in the process of registering to be a childminder! :clapping:

I Did my dhc1 in September last year so I have totally forgotten what to do next!!
I have done my DHC1, First aid, and MQC test, I have the ofstead forms here, do I need to do these next and sort out house/garden and policies?! Gosh my memory is dreadfull!! :blush:

Thanks
x

christine e
10-06-2009, 07:23 AM
I think you should be looking at completing the ofsted forms now - this will bump up your thread so hopefully someone else will have something to add

Cx

Pipsqueak
10-06-2009, 07:29 AM
yes - get your forms filled in and sent of and get the process under way.:thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
10-06-2009, 07:33 AM
In our area you call the supprt team and they do a home visit first so they will pick up on anything that could cause you trouble with ofsted. the wait for the support worker can belonger than the wait for ofsted so you need to get that rolling first. If you dont do that then I would say get the forms sent but make sure you have everything ready for that phone call - I got less than 48 hours notice they were coming! Good luck, they were really nice, nothing to be scared of!

Chatterbox Childcare
10-06-2009, 07:40 AM
I would say get your forms in as the CRB takes a while but cannot be processed until you apply.

Once that is done get out your EYFS book (not the development one) and go through it with a fine tooth comb, pick out the legal and statutory requirements and write your policies (I do the Statutory ones as at the next review I can see them becoming legal). After that start your hour and outings risk assessments. This will take a fair while to do.

Also, if you are providing food I would contact your training areas, Network or Surestart, and see if there is a course to go on for Food Hygiene.

Lastly, have you done the EYFS training? Maybe speak to the trainers and see if there is anything going for this as our Surestart course next runs in September. We also have the 3 P's (Policies, Paperwork and Procedures) and an Observation and Assessment and Business Training in our area so worth asking as different areas have different training.