PDA

View Full Version : first aid course question

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi i posted on the pre reg page to but thought i'd see what everyone else thought from the other side of the forum hope u dont mind?

not sure if I am putting this in the right place but was just a thought although I am a little stuck. I am in the Gillingham area and am looking for a course for my 10yr old to do on basic first aid, reason being though holidays she is going to be around allot of the time so thought maybe if she had some knowledge of first aid if anything was to happen weather in the home or out and about or maybe when she is at school she will have some knowledge of what to do and what not to do.

Anyway I have spoken to pulse who are happy to do a basic first aid course for children around the age of 10yrs + and said if I can get a group together they will be happy to run a course. So my thought was to see if anyone had any children around this age that are reasonably local and happy to spread the cost maybe would like their children to take part?

Any thoughts or ideas would be great

youarewhatyoueat
09-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I would approach her school or her friends or try the school pta to see if they would be interested in funding it,you may be suprised the school may well be interested in running a short course as part of an after school club, I would get all the info and cost, usually no more than 10 children at one time,and have a word with the head teacher.

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
ty i have a meeting with her teacher tomorrow morning the thought i also had was maybe any childminders with children around same age as my daughter might also be interested? :)

Pipsqueak
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM
St johns run courses for children and they also have a childrens unit that they can attend. Check out your local area for St Johns

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
yeah spoke to them they are £35 a head and my daughter would have to have adult with her and with me already done a basic and pediatric first aid i can't really afford to sit though another basic training as it would be £70 out of my pocket so trying to find a way that will make it cheaper but benefit more children

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I would also talk to your network/CIS/FIS and see if they will advertise it on their website/emails/newsletters

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I would also talk to your network/CIS/FIS and see if they will advertise it on their website/emails/newsletters

hi sorry not sure what the abreviations are just yet still starting up lol :)

Pipsqueak
09-06-2009, 09:51 PM
hi sorry not sure what the abreviations are just yet still starting up lol :)

CIS (childrens information service) is now called FIS - families information service

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 09:52 PM
ty :) am sure i'll learn them lol

Polly2
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I think this is a great idea! well done for organising it :clapping: hope it goes well x

haribo
10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
my daughters did first aid with brownies . long time ago now but they still remember things from it ! does your daughter belong to any groups like this who could organise it ?