PDA

View Full Version : Help! pretty please?!

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 06:56 PM
OK, have just had another enquiry and don't want to mess it up! Here's the enquiry:

I am seeking childcare for my baby. I am returning to work in September, by which time my baby will be 10 months old. I will be working 2 days and 3days on alternate weeks. Specific days are flexible and could be either Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday, or Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday.

I would be grateful if you would let me know whether your vacancy is suitable for my child, your daily costs and your location.

How would you reply?

TIA
xx

grindal
09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi
How r you
I think I would invite her to come and have a look at your setting and discuss her requirements in more detail. It sounds a bit complicated, but is probably not as confusing as it sounds.
Was it today - I think she phoned me this afternoon!!

her8y
09-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Do you have a vacancy?? If so I would invite her round for an interview and take it from there

venus89
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Was this an email or answerphone message? I'd suggest talking - at least on the phone - to get a feel for the person and if it feels good and you both want it arrange a meeting at your home.
I have a child who comes three out of four days. The Mum pays me for three full days and a half day retainer for the fourth day. I'd suggest you either charge for the Wednesday or at least ask for a half fee for the unused ones.

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi
How r you
I think I would invite her to come and have a look at your setting and discuss her requirements in more detail. It sounds a bit complicated, but is probably not as confusing as it sounds.
Was it today - I think she phoned me this afternoon!!

Really?! Guess she must be asking loads then, my hopes are dashed once more:(

I'll just respond with the same as i have before then...and never hear from her again, lol!

xx

venus89
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Really?! Guess she must be asking loads then, my hopes are dashed once more:(

I'll just respond with the same as i have before then...and never hear from her again, lol!

xx

That's very defeatist! Think positive :D
(Mind you, I have a contract signing tomorrow and I'm at my terrified state of being. I'm so scared they'll back out. I've eaten three cakes already this evening :blush: )

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Was this an email or answerphone message? I'd suggest talking - at least on the phone - to get a feel for the person and if it feels good and you both want it arrange a meeting at your home.
I have a child who comes three out of four days. The Mum pays me for three full days and a half day retainer for the fourth day. I'd suggest you either charge for the Wednesday or at least ask for a half fee for the unused ones.

It was an email. I'll just tell her my daily rate and offer the invite...one day someone may just take me up on it!

Thank you all for your replies.

xx

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 07:14 PM
That's very defeatist! Think positive :D
(Mind you, I have a contract signing tomorrow and I'm at my terrified state of being. I'm so scared they'll back out. I've eaten three cakes already this evening :blush: )

OMG, I didn't think of eating cakes, i'm really good at that, lol! Of course they'll sign:thumbsup:

xx

Lady Haha
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
To be honest, I really don't understand the big secret on fees! I wouldn't buy from a shop that didn't tell me how much things were before I took them to the checkout!

I'm probably not going to popular with that!

If you charge the same as other childminders in your area, theres no reason why she should decide against you without even visiting. I actually have my list of fees on the back of my business cards, so that parents can make an informed choice before contacting me. I think it helps me too as I wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of making my house spotless, going through the whole interview thing for an hour or so, only for the parent to decide they don't like my fees at the end of it!

Good luck anyway, hope you get the contract!

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Good luck

Hope she gets back to you

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Firstly I would reply and say

Thank you for your enquiry. To be able to assist you with a price I need to discuss your full requirements. If you would like to phone me on ... we can make an arrangement to meet for a coffee and talk it through.

From that I would charge 3 days full pay and a 50% retainer for the balance of 2 days as you need to keep the full week for her.

Experience has told me not to divulge information over email or the phone.

Pudding Girl
10-06-2009, 07:45 AM
To be honest, I really don't understand the big secret on fees! I wouldn't buy from a shop that didn't tell me how much things were before I took them to the checkout!

I'm probably not going to popular with that!

If you charge the same as other childminders in your area, theres no reason why she should decide against you without even visiting. I actually have my list of fees on the back of my business cards, so that parents can make an informed choice before contacting me. I think it helps me too as I wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of making my house spotless, going through the whole interview thing for an hour or so, only for the parent to decide they don't like my fees at the end of it!

Good luck anyway, hope you get the contract!

completely agree :thumbsup: why all the cloak and dagger "oooh I won't tell you till we meet in peson" business I don't know, a potential waste of everyone's time, most importantly MINE!! :laughing:

Tatjana
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Thank you for all your replies.

I gave her my daily rate and she wants to come tomorrow...will believe it when i see her on my doorstep, lol!

xx

Chimps Childminding
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Think positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Nix
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Good Luck for tomorrow...:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Excellent news - chin up - prepare yourself and just be you. Belief in yourself shines through and gives parents confidence.

Take a deep breathe before you answer the door, smile, be friendly and professional but most of all chill out. Good luck

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM

I gave her my daily rate and she wants to come tomorrow...will believe it when i see her on my doorstep, lol!

xx

Good luck for tomorrow

Angel xx

venus89
10-06-2009, 06:00 PM

xx

:clapping: Good luck!