PDA

View Full Version : cheeky parents!

sweets
09-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I had my little boy mindee yesterday, only have him 2 days a week. Last week his mum told they are on hols next week, going this thurs night, so i offered to have him thurs instead of friday (his usual day), she was very grateful.
Well yesterday at pick up time mum and dad came and mum paid me cash for this week as usual. them dad piped up and said is that for next week as well and mum said no have you any extra cash on you for next weeks money? he felt his pockets and i said don't worry if you don't have it now you can give it to me on thurs, dad then made a comment on having to pay when son not here! ( he said it laughing so not sure if he was joking or not) then proceeded to get the biggest wad of cash i have ever seen out of his pocket and made a big deal of counting my measly amount out of it! he said he would give it me now so i could treat myself!!!
I was very quick for me really and said no i would actually use it to pay my bills:) :) lol

aly
09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
:panic:

that was cheeky of him good for you for quick thinking..me I always think of smart things to say after the event:blush:

PixiePetal
09-06-2009, 04:43 PM
The ones with wads of cash are often the worst, well done on your quick reply :thumbsup:

her8y
09-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Well done you. Cheeky:censored: . Bet he thought he was being witty too.:panic: Bet he gets paid even when hes "not there" at work

haribo
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
what other kind is there :laughing: sorry but well done on a quick reply :clapping:

loocyloo
09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
!!!parents!!!

well done on quick reply :clapping: :clapping:

x

whisper_1981
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
think i would have felt alkword good on u for coming out with that comment hopefully he felt a little silly for being so cheaky

Chimps Childminding
09-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it really annoys me how parents assume the money we earn is just pocket money and we don't actually NEED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

sweets
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
he often has a pile of money to pay me from. something about it just winds me up! i just want to grab it and run! lol.

georgie456
09-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I wish I could come up with great answers like that quickly!!!! Well done you!

Winnie
09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Oo well done :) sometimes parents do not realise the impact of what they say but my guessing is that he knew exactly what he was saying- cheeky parent :censored:
I had a comment when a child was taken away from an hour for a dr app and brought back- it went something along the lines you had a nice break- well no, in the time the child was gone i popped upstairs and made a bag for the childs spare clothes as they wouldnt fit in my other bags. Sometimes it has to be water off a ducks back because parents just do not understand the commitment childminding takes (for such little reward)

TheBTeam
09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Well done you on your quick reply, for once today i had the exact opposite, which was a mum turned up and paid me, and said ooh do you just want to check that i have counted it right, would hate to short change you! I said i have always found it embarrassing counting it in front of parents, she then said, Why not you are doing a job and a fantastic one at that and you should be paid!!!!

WoW:eek:

Ripeberry
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Reminds me of a cheeky parent at pre-school, she kept telling us that she could not pay her fee yet, but then the next day she stood in the school playground with a great bid wad of £20's and counted out £100 to another parent who was going to a sale and was asked to pick up a TV for the parent who could not afford the fees :rolleyes:
And she still did not pay, the child just ended up not coming anymore and it was sad as the child really enjoyed it there.

sweets
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Reminds me of a cheeky parent at pre-school, she kept telling us that she could not pay her fee yet, but then the next day she stood in the school playground with a great bid wad of £20's and counted out £100 to another parent who was going to a sale and was asked to pick up a TV for the parent who could not afford the fees :rolleyes:
And she still did not pay, the child just ended up not coming anymore and it was sad as the child really enjoyed it there.

thats a shame you lost the child, i can't stand it when people cry poverty then buy unnecessary things!
One of my friends moans all year she has no money, but always manages a luxury holiday!

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Good for you with your quick reply ha ha

Angel xx

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 09:41 PM

That was a shame sorry you lost the child

Stange how some do not think their childminders fees are important

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Excellent quick response - would love to of been a fly on your wall :laughing: :laughing: