PDA

View Full Version : First set of parents visiting today! Any last minute words of wisdom?

Tippy Toes
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi All

I have my first interested set of parents coming over later on, just wondering if anyone has any tips for me/advice/words of wisdom.

Really am quite nervous but trying to remain positive.

How long does your first usually take?

:blush:

Tatjana
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Hope it goes well and they want to sign:thumbsup:

xx

mum2two
09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Just be welcoming, chat the them & the child. Have a couple of toys out for the child, (you know the age...?), and give them your poicies to look through whilst you make a drink.

Most parents I have found do not really know what to ask. It's new to them as it is to you, so just remain confident.

Tell them what kind of things you do during the day, food you'll provide, talk a little about the EYFS, and mention cost & fees towards the end, once you've sold yourself to them!!!

You'll be fine! Good luck. :thumbsup:

xx

atmkids
09-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Try to remain calm and confident. Remember it's your house so they're probably more nervous than you. I always start by showing them around downstairs (don't use upstairs) whilst having a chat. This makes them feel welcome and gives them a feel of where their child would be looked after. I then sit them down and show them my portfolio and give them a copy of my policies and permission forms for them to look through. This is a good time for you to ask each other questions and discuss the money side of things. I may be lucky but I've never had a parent come to the house and not end up using me and I'm quite a nervous person. I think you just need to remember that it's your home and your business. Good luck :laughing:

haribo
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
good advice given. i would also add, just remember YOU are also deciding if you want to work with THEM lol it works wonders for your confidence so you dont worry what theyre thinking of you as much as what you think of them :laughing:

FussyElmo
09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
good advice given. i would also add, just remember YOU are also deciding if you want to work with THEM lol it works wonders for your confidence so you dont worry what theyre thinking of you as much as what you think of them :laughing:

Totally agree :)

FizzysFriends
09-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Have they been? How did it go?

Spangles
09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Good luck! Bet once it's over you'll wondered why you were so nervous!

Tippy Toes
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. They left at 6 and it went really well. The little girl is so pleasant and lovely!

They said they will get in touch soon - so fingers crossed for me!

xx

Demonjill
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you were happy with the result. So fingers x for you :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Demonjill :)

miffy
09-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Pleased it went well

Fingers crossed you get the job!

Miffy xx