PDA

View Full Version : first aid kit

candy cat
09-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone....i am re- registering and last time 02' we had to make our own first aid kit up with a list of items ie different size bandages etc cost a fortune and felt it was so random...Is it still the same or can we now just buy a standard business kit. thanks

p.s i just love this site so helpful!!!!!

Mouse
09-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think I've ever come across a comprehensive list of what we should or shouldn't have. It always seems a bit hit & miss!

I use the NCMA first aid kit purely for childminding (I have another one for family use that includes creams etc).

If you look on the NCMA website it tells you what is in the kit. I suppose you could compare that to what you get in a business one.

sweets
09-06-2009, 11:56 AM
i got a basic one from tescos and just took a couple of bits out (scissors i think), ofsted glanced at it and said it was fine.

candy cat
09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
great thanks will have a look cx

mammumof4
09-06-2009, 12:35 PM
i had a long list of things to get in 2007 went someting like this..20, maybe less, assorted plasters, (with a consent form from parents.) 4 triangular bandages (cant remember the size!) 3 large bandages, 3 medium,3 child size eye patch with attatchment (or something like that) 5 safety pins, disposable gloves, a leaflet that tells you what had to be in the box and how to use it. eveything had to have a date on it and couldnt be used passed that date.the box had to be green with a white cross and had to be on the wall so a child could reach it, incase i was injured and needed a child to fetch it for me. i lost alot of sleep and spent a small fortune on all this and when Ofsted came she didnt even ask if i had a first aid kid,never mind what was in it! :angry:
i have the dreaded list again this time around (re registering aswell :) ) but i think i will get the NCMA one like someone else has allreay said, i will see if i can dig the list out for you later, im muti tasking at the mo!:cool:

grindal
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I have NCMA kit - which has scissors and safety pins in it - and I have added some antiseptic cream too. When i did my first aid course last year my course man told me there was no problem with using antiseptic creams, and I have permission from parents to use it too.