PDA

View Full Version : mothers day

littlepixies
15-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Starting to make notes on ideas for mothersday and easter.... what are you all doing?

In sainsburys where cakes are.... they have a little sponge cake iced with a ribbon, it also comes with tubes of coloured icing to write with and bits you can then use to decorate the cake. its called make your own mothers day cake (i think) and its ~£3.99 i think or it may be£4.99 cant remember

they also have a box withe chocolate to melt, plastic bits in shape of half an egg x2, then coloured tubes again to use to decorate... you melt choc, put in plastic bits then leave to dry in fridge then prise the choc out of plasic and use other choc to stick together to make and egg then decorate..... its in the section with all the character boxed fairy cakes that you do your self think about 3 quid.

I am looking on ebay for biscute cutters of rabbits so we can make our own biscuits and then use melted white choc for them to decorate.

ruby
15-02-2008, 08:52 AM
to be honest haven't thought about them yet but i think i had better as time goes so quick
but will keep a eye on this thread to give me some ideas.

like your idea about the eggs but then i like anything to do with choclate hence why i am on a diet

cathy and rachel

miffy
15-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Haven't given it much thought yet but thanks for the tips

I might make some small buns the children can ice and decorate for mum

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
15-02-2008, 09:09 AM
We got some bargain wooden photo frames from Poundland with Happy Mother's day on them . Not sure if we are doing Photos in them or hand prints.
Easter we are dressing bunnies from www.makingfriends.com and kids all have Easter egg to take home.

deeb66
15-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I always do handprint posters with a lovely poem on it for mothers day.

I usually put the year on it too and laminate them.

One mum (looked after 3 of her kids) has kept them all over the years and they make a lovely momento!

angeldelight
15-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Some ideas here for mothers day for full members

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3084

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I am going to day home made cards and handprints with the children for mothers day I think, not though of easter yet !

Banana
15-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Im making flowers and vases for mothers day.

xx