PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait

devoncm
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
for parents to get back to you and would you ring them?

Ive had a few calls lately, 1 few weeks ago about twins i called them as got details from another cm who was full,gave them a week and rang back saying i had other ppl interested were they still,they said they were but havent heard anything-they wanted 2 days from sept or jan so they may wait til nearer the time:rolleyes:
had another call early last week they are ringing me back, havent yet, i cant ring them as they didnt leave a number, but a family came for visit friday afternoon, were desparate for care and said will let me know, they havent yet and i know its only monday but theyve had all weekend to think aout it, do you think id be looking desparate if i rang them tomorrow to see if they have decided, they did know that other ppl were interested, they just sounded desparate on the phone and needed care urgently but thought they would have got back to me by now

Buzz Lightyear
08-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Not to put a downer on your enquiries but I wouldn't hold your breathe! Some of the very first parents who came to see me said they would call and let me know.... funnily enough, I'm still waiting some three months on but unlucky for them anyway, I am full (well to the capacity I want).

I hope they do get back to you soon, if they were desperate, I'd have thought they'd be getting back to you by the end of the week if not sooner. Good luck :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I have found that if they want you then they will ring back, but there idea of urgent still doesn't match our need to know!

In the early days i used to get anxious and would phone/check up but i learned over time that if they wanted me then they would phone me, and i never gained one that i chased.

Often when parents have said that they will let me know within a week or so it has been around 3 weeks later!!

It is horrible even after a few years waiting to find out, and i really hope that they put you out of your misery soon!! (sorry that sounds like you are going to be put down!:eek: :eek: :laughing: ) BYKWIM.

Spangles
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I definitely wouldn't phone them yet, in fact I probably wouldn't phone them at all!

If it was just a call I might be tempted on the assumption they may have lost my number or something but as they've been to your home that is no excuse.

I would just leave it to them to be honest.

Hope they get back to you with some good news.

x

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
It is difficult when you really want to know

Think I would leave it a bit

On saying that once someone got back to me 6 weeks after the visit and expected me to be sitting there waiting for them , you never can tell ha

Hope they do get back to you soon

Angel xx

ORKSIE
09-06-2009, 10:37 PM
If parents dont get in touch, then neither do I.
But.. this is me, obviously its up to you on what you do:)

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I know how you feel! I had first set of parents visit me yesterday and am on pins waiting for them to get back to me! Id be gutted if they said they didnt want to place child with me, but I would rather know either way so I can move on?!

Good luck for the future x:)

Mouse
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
It is so frustrating having to wait, isn't it? Like someone said, our idea of urgency isn't the same as theirs! They've got time to go away & think about it (and quite possibly visit other minders) and just don't rush themselves to get in touch.

I'm afraid I'm very impatient & do contact them if they've seemed keen, but don't get back in touch. Where possible I try to get an email address as chasing them by email somehow doesn't seem quite as desparate as phoning them up!

My last new parents came to see me & seemed very keen, but were going to view other minders & nurseries. I emailed them after 2 weeks to see if they wanted the place (used the usual excuse that someone else was interested!) and got a lovely email back saying that they'd decided straight away they'd come to me & didn't even bother going to see anyone else. They just hadn't thought to let me know!!

The Juggler
11-06-2009, 07:08 AM
If parents dont get in touch, then neither do I.
But.. this is me, obviously its up to you on what you do:)

I also had someone call after a month and say yes please. I'd already filled the place. Now I tend to call/text, whether or not I've had any more calls. I tend to say I've had more calls/visits and would like to offer them first refusal so please could they let me know asap.

Polly2
11-06-2009, 08:41 AM
I usually don't phone but I did do once and that was because someone else did need the space and I wanted to give the first people first refusal.

I left 2 messages and they didn't bother to ring me back so I went with the second people. So glad I did because they are a lovely family.

Anyway I am rambling sorry. :blush: