PDA

View Full Version : Grant for doing garden

little miss sunshine
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Is it true you can receive a grant for doing your garden?
Someone mentioned it to me and I had never heard of it before, would like to know if it is true please>
Janet x

breezy
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
not that i know of, someone else might know different!

Pipsqueak
08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
different areas have different grants available. check with your CDO

samd35
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi

I rang the early years service a couple of weeks ago with regard to this and they said they couldn't help me with this. I think if it has been mentioned at your Ofsted Inspection that you can't use your garden because it is unsafe you may be able to get help to make it safer.
Give your early years service a call you never know, each area may be different.

Good luck.

Sam x

Heaven Scent
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Naw - you mus have dreamt it - Nurseries & Playgroups around here did but that is it!!!! But most of them didn't spend it on the outdoors - some bought some new carpets and some completely replaced loads of their existing perfectly serviceable equipment and gave the old stuff away or sold it for next to nothing.

Celine

madasahatter
08-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Depends on where you are. In Bradford they are soon to be sending out application forms for big capital spending grants (aimed at things like outdoor areas). We have already been told that you will be able to get up to £4999 and all childminders will be able to apply.

christinajanep
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
yes it is true, in my area a childminder has been given a grant for £10'000 to make her garden a sensory area. the clause is she has to stay there and continue childminding i think for many years

Heaven Scent
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry already sent it.

PixiePetal
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
We have something coming up. It will be on phase 3 and we are at phase 2 now - been sent info on 'learning through landscapes'.

Phase 3 will be the grant application. Would be good for me as will be moving to farmhouse with large garden and tons of scope :thumbsup: Some help with a grant will be wonderful, I want to make the most of the outdoor space.