PDA

View Full Version : Help please info

little miss sunshine
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
My sister is going through the motions of becoming a childminder but is really concerned that she may not pass with her health check, due to being on anti-depression medication. She has been on them for years from a bad break up years ago. I have told her not to worry and that I am sure there are lots of childminders on the same thing. Am I wrong or are any of you childminders on medication? Also is there any childminders out there who where on it before starting childminding?
I would love to hear from you
Kind regards
Janet x

chewy sweets
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Really not sure. But i think it's best to be open and honest. The medical decleration form is basically to say that the doctor see's no reason why you can't childmind. So not sure if the doctor would see anti depresents as a factor. Hope someone with experience of this will reply soon.
Sorry couldn't be more help!

sue m
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
We've had this a few times now. I went on anti-depressants when my grandson died about 10 years ago and I'm still on them due to other family problems I've had. I was working as a childminder when I first went on them but it was Social Services in those days. I stopped working in 2002 for a few years and started again and Ofsted just needed a letter from my doctor to say that I was perfectly able to look after children whilst taking them and it was fine.

little miss sunshine
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you ladies that will put her mind at rest. Janet x