PDA

View Full Version : do you register "splinters" in the accident book

mozarella
08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
The little girl got a splinter (sp?) in her finger when we were in the park, should I log this in the accident book? she wont let me take it off so I left it but told the mum when she came, she was fine about it but should I record this kind of injury?

Moz

Beckieboo
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I would just to cover yourself, just incase it becomes infected!!!

Mouse
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I would record it, just to be on the safe side.

sonia ann
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
yes i would record and get mum to sign that she was told, just in case it gets infected:)

breezy
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
on my first aid course I was told we shouldnt attempt to remove splinters as it's an invasive procedure:eek:

mozarella
08-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks, I will fill in the book and make her sign tomorrow ( better late than not)

claireLouise
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes I record everything, better to be safe than sorry.

Claire

Spangles
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow! Never thought of removing a splinter as an 'invasive procedure'!

I love it if I get a splinter and I can dig around trying to get it out! Ha ha! What a weirdo but true!

Mind you, wouldn't attempt to remove one from a mindee, just clean the area and log it.

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 06:12 AM
You would think not but after my son spent 2 weeks in hospital and almost had to have an operation plus thinking he was going to lose his finger through the infection one tiny splinter caused then yes I would log it down

Angel xx

Mollymop
09-06-2009, 06:17 AM
I agree, I would put it in the accident book.

My dd had a massive dagger of a splinter in her finger the other day, it was poking out of the skin like anything. It was so big I could pull it out with my fingers, just like that.

I agree that you should leave splitters in as normally the body would push it out on it's own, but if they are big and prodruding, causing pain then take it out or get a nurse to do it.

breezy
09-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow! Never thought of removing a splinter as an 'invasive procedure'!

I love it if I get a splinter and I can dig around trying to get it out! Ha ha! What a weirdo but true!

Mind you, wouldn't attempt to remove one from a mindee, just clean the area and log it.

Glad I'm not the only one, kids and dh wont tell me if they get a splint cos I'm ready with a needle:blush: :laughing:

Toothfairy
09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes, record in the accident book but do not attempt to remove it.

mozarella
09-06-2009, 08:18 AM
i just cant stand taking splinters out, so I am glad the little girl wound't let me touch it ! I have filled the book and the mum signed it this morning, she couldnt touch the finger either but the splinter is tiny and she wants to see if it will come out on its own

The Juggler
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
yes i would record and get mum to sign that she was told, just in case it gets infected:)

Never thought about that - good point.

Blaze
09-06-2009, 01:04 PM
You will also need to get your RA for the park updated.:thumbsup: