PDA

View Full Version : Craft materials which dont cost the earth?

Buzz Lightyear
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to do a search but couldn't find the answer.

I am looking for a website in which I can buy craft materials (as per the title). I had a nice long list which I passed onto my co-ordinator to get for me but a lot, in fact, almost everything I asked for is out of stock! So I need supplies as my crafty bits are practically non existent and the poor poor children are going without :laughing:

Can anyone recommend any good and more importantly, nicely priced sites??

breezy
08-06-2009, 06:08 PM
found this one but no idea what they're like

http://www.madaboutcards.com/index.php

i love these

http://www.bakerross.co.uk

I'm sure others will come up with more

I usually use pound shops when i can

Buzz Lightyear
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks for those breezy, received a catalogue for Baker Ross, looks great!! Am very tempted to order from them!!

breezy
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for those breezy, received a catalogue for Baker Ross, looks great!! Am very tempted to order from them!!

they are good, but i end up spending a fortune:blush:

Mouse
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
they are good, but i end up spending a fortune:blush:

Snap! I had a huge delivery last week :blush: Some of the sale stuff is quite reasonable.

I buy quite a lot from Ebay. If you look in the card making section you can get some cheap bits & bobs (cut out people shapes, clothes to go on them etc).

If you can get to the shops ELC are also quite good (don't forget childminder discount) as are Asda & Tesco. I bought little wooden bird houses from Asda for £1 each & the children loved painting & decorating them.

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Another good trick for craft stuff is to buy a year in advance for big event stuff, cos it is reduced often by 75% after the event, we bought stuff for easter bonnets that were originally £1 to £2 a pack for 25-50p in tesco and sainsbury.

Good for mothers day and christmas, and elc quite often have stuff in the sale for good prices.

The Works bookshop and Wilkinsons as well as Poundland and The 99p store often have good items.

estrelas
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Another good trick for craft stuff is to buy a year in advance for big event stuff, cos it is reduced often by 75% after the event, we bought stuff for easter bonnets that were originally £1 to £2 a pack for 25-50p in tesco and sainsbury.

Good for mothers day and christmas, and elc quite often have stuff in the sale for good prices.

The Works bookshop and Wilkinsons as well as Poundland and The 99p store often have good items.

gosh how organised are you!! Fab idea but i'm not sure i have it in me to be that organised!

miss mopple
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
These are very reasonable

http://www.ss-services.co.uk/

Mrs.L.C
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Ebay :clapping: :clapping:

Jules27
08-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I buy most of my craft bits either off ebay or in QD. QD have quite a nice cheap range which changes quite often. Just picked up a pack with 6 cars and a nother pack with 6 rockets both have various bits to stick on them, plus I have loads of wool and glitter and stuff here anyhow. Each kit cost 99p. My son and mindee had fun gluing stuff on a car each this afternoon!! Pound shops are great too. Asda and tesco often have nice things that are not too expensive.:thumbsup: oh and I save tissue paper that comes in with my kids shoes to use aswell ... recently bought 3 pairs lol!!! Think before throwing something away ... it could come in handy for crafts!!! My nan passed away recently and she had loads of buttons, ribbon and wool so i've got all that stashed away too. Charity shops may be somewhere else to look? Sorry, rambling on now!!!!:laughing:

miffy
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Have you got a scrapstore near you?

Or there's an online one here

www.uniquescrapstore.com

Miffy xx

atmkids
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM

That's what I did after easter last year, bought a load of things to make this year and then after easter this year stocked up ready for next year. Much cheaper way of doing it. :laughing:

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
That's what I did after easter last year, bought a load of things to make this year and then after easter this year stocked up ready for next year. Much cheaper way of doing it. :laughing:

My one downfall on this is remembering i have it tho, i bought some lovely cards to cross stitch for mothers day and forgot to get the older kids to do them for two years in a row, then this year i had no older ones to use them, they will have rotted away before i remember them:rolleyes:

miffy
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM

It's a great idea but .................... I always forget where I've put things! By the time I find them Easter or whatever has long gone! :laughing:

Miffy xx

madasahatter
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi there, I've pm'd you some details. Scrap Magic in Bradford have an ordering service and run monthly craft shops at various surestart centres around the keighley area.
here are june's dates (http://www.bcep.org.uk/node/565)

Polly2
09-06-2009, 07:28 AM
What about yellow moon?

http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/