PDA

View Full Version : NVQ Level 3 or 4???

kindredspirits
08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi All!
Need a little advice please - I am going to start an NVQ in Childrens Care, Eduction and Development. I have contacted my local childrens centre with the view of doing Level 3 but a lady has e-mailed me back and said would I like to do Level 4 - 'most childminders cope with this'.

What would you do? I am not unintelligent, I have 10 GCSE's all grades A/A* and AS Levels so its not that i wouldn't cope with the workload i don't think......

youarewhatyoueat
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm doing the ccld nvq3 and although it's not difficult it is very time consuming, yes you would manage the level 4 but I would have a look on line for the city and guilds questions and see what the difference is.Most childminders I thought started at level 3 and go on to either level 4 or the foundation degree but this entails more work which is college based.The nvq3 can be done completely at home if you wish which is why it appealed to me.
Caroline

Daftbat
08-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I did the certificate in early years & childcare ( E123 &E124) with the open university a few years ago. It took two years and i found it intersting with most of the work done at home with a few tutorials held locally.

I did originally as i was the manager of an after school club at the time and thought it would look professinal. I am really pleased that i hold it now for my childminding business. It has helped in terms of sorting out EYFS as a lot of the observation stuff is covered in the course as are the ways to support childrens learning.