PDA

View Full Version : Suncream stain!

bec123
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get suncream out of clothes? I smoothered my little one in suncream last weekend (when it was sunny!) but it ended up on her top which is now stained! I've tried vanish but it hasn't got it out - I've just been left with a big yellow stain! Does anyone have any advice?

LOOPYLISA
08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I have no idea, i would of said vanish, which is exactly what im about to put on my top :rolleyes: i missed my mouth and spilt spag bol all down it, and why is it always a new top :panic:

Alibali
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Tends not to come out I'm afraid! I always buy cheap t-shirts for holidays for this reason. Good luck, if you find anything let me know.

Hebs
08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tends not to come out I'm afraid! I always buy cheap t-shirts for holidays for this reason. Good luck, if you find anything let me know.

nope its a nightmare, stains never wash out so cheap tops here too :thumbsup:

breezy
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
sometimes washing up liquid works. rub it neat into stain then leave for 5 mins or so then put through wash with washing powder and vanish, rinse really well!
If that doesnt work, burn it:laughing:

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought you tried varnish:eek: :eek:

Suncream is a nightmare, sometimes 'shout' will get rid of it, but it depends on the materials and colour etc.

I too have had an issue with suncream, both of my cars have a perfect suncream hand on them!!

candy cat
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get suncream out of clothes? I smoothered my little one in suncream last weekend (when it was sunny!) but it ended up on her top which is now stained! I've tried vanish but it hasn't got it out - I've just been left with a big yellow stain! Does anyone have any advice?

I have a book on natural stain removers it says white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.....make a paste and should come out.....haven't tried so don't know if it works....worth a try i guess cx

atmkids
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Not sure about suncream but I find the best stain remover is the sun. I've given up on vanish as it never seems to work but if I wash and hang on the line on a sunny day, 9 times out of 10 the sun bleaches out the stain :clapping:

wendywu
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Try soaking it in cold water with a couple of dishwasher tablets overnight. Then wash as normal.:)

sonia ann
09-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Not sure about suncream but I find the best stain remover is the sun. I've given up on vanish as it never seems to work but if I wash and hang on the line on a sunny day, 9 times out of 10 the sun bleaches out the stain :clapping:

same here:clapping:

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Think you might need a new top :laughing:

Angel xx

essexgirl1967
09-06-2009, 07:08 AM
I got sun cream stains out of the collar of my son's white school polo top by spraying with vanish and then leaving overnight before washing it as normal. Thse weren't even new stains IYSWIM, they had just accumulated all summer, but washed up perfectly, so may be worth a try x

The Juggler
09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
They make horrible stains especially the green and blue ones. If it's mindees I always tell parents not to send them in good clothes anyway so hopefully they won't mind the odd stain - better than sunburn.

AliceK
09-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I got sun cream stains out of the collar of my son's white school polo top by spraying with vanish and then leaving overnight before washing it as normal. Thse weren't even new stains IYSWIM, they had just accumulated all summer, but washed up perfectly, so may be worth a try x

Oooh I must try that. All my DS's fairly new white school polo shirts have now got yellow stains in the collar and on the arms where he had sun cream on last week. I tried to get him some new ones at the weekend but the supermarket I go to hadn't got any in :angry: . Will give your tip a go today. Fingers crossed. I hate sending him to school with horrible looking collars, makes him look like he doesn't wash properly :blush:

xxxxx

Deb
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I take their shirts off before applying the suncream then let it sink in for 15 mins and then shirts back on and off they go.

No idea how to get the stains out, I dont bother trying anymore.

twiggy
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi

I have just been told washing up liquid works. Haven't tried it myself yet but I'm fed up of throwing away t-shirts with yellow suncream stains.