PDA

View Full Version : How do you plan for all your children?

devoncm
08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Since EYFS ive only had to plan for one child, but im starting to get calls again and waiting to hear back from a couple enquiries and in the hols ill be having 4 minded children and our 3 kids age ranging from 18 months to 10 years, ive not had to plan for this mnany before and wondered how you all do it?

sarah707
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a group theme for everyone who wants to get involved.

This week we are looking at dogs because it is Hearing Dogs for the Deaf week.... I have lots of dog activities planned, mostly in my head, that we might or might not do depending on if we have time / if the children are interested etc.

Then I plan for each child's needs... so I have lots of sand, water and outside play for my little one who loves this; I have new bits I got at the weekend for the dolls house for the 6 year old... etc.

Hth :D

Daftbat
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I do a group theme for the month which they can choose to join in with or not. I research the topic for the month and print off loads of resources we can use and try to think of various craft and cookery ideas which will appeal to all age groups.

I am great at "nicking" ideas from nursery etc as well as making use of the tips and resource leads which you lovely people here share. I keep adding things to my favourites list on internet so i have lots of things to look through.

Combine this with individual planning for each child centred on what they actually like to do and you're sorted!