PDA

View Full Version : pay????

emmadines
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
when your mindees mums/dads pay you, how do you pay yourselves??? do you take a % of what you charge or do you take that as your wages and generally deduct you tax and expenses from that as and when???

somehow im managing to confuse myself!! (its not hard trust me :panic: )

Pipsqueak
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
one pays me cash the other goes into the bank. The cash gets spent more or less straight away - I live in hope of the stuff in the bank will remain there for a will but its rare.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't take a wage - It is all MINE!!!:laughing:

It is only the paperwork that needs to show the money - how you pay expenses is up to you.

emmadines
08-06-2009, 01:37 PM

It is only the paperwork that needs to show the money - how you pay expenses is up to you.

Im trying to work out what tax I will be paying for last year (I started late aug - to this April) I know its not due till jan 10 but while we are paying for the wedding there will be an overlap for paying for the 7 seater s max. so I am trying to see if we can use that to pay for those couple of months it overlaps (the old car will not survive the mot in august and would cost prob more then its worth to repair hence we are using the scrappage tax offer.

angeldelight
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Yes same here

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Im trying to work out what tax I will be paying for last year (I started late aug - to this April) I know its not due till jan 10 but while we are paying for the wedding there will be an overlap for paying for the 7 seater s max. so I am trying to see if we can use that to pay for those couple of months it overlaps (the old car will not survive the mot in august and would cost prob more then its worth to repair hence we are using the scrappage tax offer.

I doubt if you will pay anything at all as you won't of earned enough.

Why not complete the online tax return and it will tell you how much is owed and it still won't be due until Jan 10

emmadines
08-06-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah im waiting for the pass key - im not good at waiting lol they said it will take upto 10-14 days.

Andrea08
08-06-2009, 03:35 PM
I get paid and the money is then mine, if i decide to spend money on the mindees then i put it through the books inc meals etc i dont give my self a wage what is left after expences is mine to pay my mortgage and put food on the tabe for me & my own children, the beauty of being self-employed x

emmadines
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I get paid and the money is then mine, if i decide to spend money on the mindees then i put it through the books inc meals etc i dont give my self a wage what is left after expences is mine to pay my mortgage and put food on the tabe for me & my own children, the beauty of being self-employed x

thats ok then as thats what I have been doing :blush: :blush: