PDA

View Full Version : having a moan!

chewy sweets
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Really annoyed. I left my job while on maternity leave to become a cm. I still keep in touch with everyone i worked with. My boss is now pregnant and expecting me to cover her for 8 months while she's on maternity leave.
Get the impression everyone i worked with isn't taking me seriously about becoming a cm! When i said i was hoping to be cminding by then i was just told - your still going to cm then!
I'm not the type of person who changes her mind about things and they know how determined i am when i get something in my head.
But the job i was in before was quite professional office based and couldn't be further from cminding.
I think they think i'm gonna change my mind and go back to office work!
Sorry to moan just getting it off my chest!

huggableshelly
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
take it as a compliment they like you, miss you and know you are reliable!

stick to what you want to do though!

Blackhorse
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Snap!!

Same here...well some are really supportive of my decision and others think I have gone insane...
I was in an office job too...good career...loads of travel etc etc...
A lot of people told me I would get bored!!! :eek:

and just today when I told my granny that I had done the first day of my first aid course (which was great by the way) and that I will have to do the course every 3 years she said: oh but surely you will go back to work at some point!!!

I think you just need to ignore it and proof them wrong!! That's how I do it!!

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Take no notice

Some people do not take childminding serious but once you start and show them how good you are they will be so jealous ha ha

Angel xx

Cazz
09-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel - I've had a similar experience during my maternity leave.

I also had several other people ask me if I was going back to work and when I said "no I 'm intending to become a childminder" you could tell by their reaction that they didn't consider it to be a 'proper job'.

As long as you're doing what is best for you and your family then it doesn't matter what other people think.

I'm looking forward to doing a job that I feel sure I'll love while still spending time with my gorgeous little girl.

Carole x

miffy
10-06-2009, 06:46 AM
take it as a compliment they like you, miss you and know you are reliable!

stick to what you want to do though!

I agree.

I'm sure you'll prove them wrong

Miffy xx

Demonjill
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Def stick to what you wanna do!:thumbsup:

Im so looking forward to getting registered and being a cm but not told many people so not experienced the negative comments .... yet! My mum is gonna have so many questions lol

FizzysFriends
10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
I get when are you going to get a proper job, mainly from family :angry: