PDA

View Full Version : carpet colour!

Helen79
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Totally boring thread but I may be getting a new carpet in the living room :clapping: this is my main room for cm.

Cream would look better with the rest of our colour scheme but don't think it's going to be v practical.
Just being nosy & wondering what colour everyone's carpets are in their main cm room & what works best & what to avoid?

LOOPYLISA
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Black :laughing: :D

We have wood flooring, very hard wearing, and easy will spilages etc :thumbsup:

Hooligan59
08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I have laminate flooring, so can't help I am afraid! Def wouldn't choose cream tho!!:)

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a light creamy beige carpet (not the white cream) and don't really have too many problems, i do have a large rusty coloured rug on middle of living room floor though.

grindal
08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi
We only have carpet in front room and stairs, and both are a beige colour - which is quite forgiving as far as stains go. Both are 70% wool mixes, but front room one was cheap as (from carpet right I think) and after 5 years looks very worn. The stair carpet was cheapest line John Lewis do and still looks like new. Not much help as far as colour choice goes though :panic:

sue m
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I had laminate flooring with a pale green and cream large rug and it was disgusting! Filthy. :eek: I've now got a new carpet which is burgundy but I've got very light walls and a light coloured suite so it looks ok. And it doesn't show spills but having said that, they have their drinks and eat in the kitchen. Mine has a 'coating' that's supposed to not let anything 'go in' to the carpet.

helenlc
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I have laminate downstairs, so cant help, sorry.

huggableshelly
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
LOL my carpet is blue and doesnt match anything in the room

we moved in 5 years ago and decided to leave the carpet until my kiddies were out of nappies! 5 years later we still havent replaced it but still never mind its practical easy to clean when needed and didnt cost anything!

wendywu
08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I have a dark patterned carpet it does not show the dirt at all. But the rest of my house is done in victorian style so it does not look out of place at all.:)

Helen79
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I would love to get laminate but we're in a first floor flat & I don't think the downstairs neighbours would appreciate the extra noise lol

We've just painted the walls dark red & can't think of anything but a cream carpet that would work well.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
My lounge carpet is a steel grey. I would use a very large rug if you have cream and then it can be taken up at the weekend.

georgie456
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
We used to have a dark green carpet which showed up every tiny bit of dirt. We changed to a cream/oatmeal colour, and surprisingly it hides the dirt much better!!!! There are a couple of stains on it 2 years on, but it has been more practical for us than a dark colour.

mandy moo
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry cant help you there as we've got laminate throughout down stairs,
But my sister (although shes not a childminder) has kids and a husband and 2 cats, has a light oatmeal in the hall and stairs and it always looks fine.

manjay
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I have very light carpet in my lounge and on the stairs. I don't have any problems. No shoes allowed, eating/drinking and messy play in the kitchen. Hubby is the most likely to spill something on it:rolleyes:

emmadines
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
when we moved in they left a cream carpet.......................needless to say its not as cream as it was when we moved in. deff avoid cream.... constant washing it too

when we can afford it I want to get laminate all through downstairs

Angela234
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
IN my lounge half is laminated eating end and the other half is a mink colour carpet my hall is also mink carpet

It does get a bit stained but cleans up with Rug Doctor quite well

Beckieboo
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi, we have just decorated and our new carpet is a truffle colour, absolutely gorgeus! It had to be practical with my own twin boys, baby girl and two cats!! lol and thats before the mindees arrive!!!:laughing: well eventually when i get my cert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

angeldelight
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I have laminate downstairs, so cant help, sorry.

Same here

Angel xx

Toothfairy
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Gave up with carpet, we now have wood floor in the hallway and the lounge/dinning room. :D

sparkibobs
08-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I only have carpet in my front room and wooden flooring in kitchen and dining room.
Been thinking of getting new carpet but ended up with a big rug until I can decide what colour or change to wooden flooring.
x

amanda1309
08-06-2009, 03:26 PM
My lounge has a brown carpet (it looks much nicer than it sounds) and the rest of the downstairs has wood floor.

Tatjana
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
We have the original wooden floors polished. In the boys bedroom they have an oyster coloured carpet, works well so far.

xx

FizzysFriends
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
My lounge is cream (light) and the rest of downstairs is laminate.

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
We used to have a dark green carpet which showed up every tiny bit of dirt. We changed to a cream/oatmeal colour, and surprisingly it hides the dirt much better!!!! There are a couple of stains on it 2 years on, but it has been more practical for us than a dark colour.

I was very surprised at how well my cream/oatmeal colour carpet which has been down 7 years and minded on with by dh and i working for 5 years and it works much better than the rose coloured one we had previously.

It was a very expensive carpet and had stain stuff on it, but it still looks nice when freshly hoovered.

Bushpig
08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Cream carpets throughout, except for kitchen and bathroom, which are tiled. I am fastidious with them - well as much as I can be. ANY messy play takes place in the kitchen/bathroom.. which thankfully has the space to do so. My friends who have kids cannot believe my carpets look so good after 2 years of childminding 4 under 4s :) But I am strict re shoes, messy play etc. I also have them professionally cleaned once a year.

Jelly Baby
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I have laminate and it is a god send! we have cream carpet in the halls and on the stairs and it is not good even with shoes off so would deff say no to cream! how about a blue or a nice brown, or laminate?!?

her8y
09-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I only have carpet on my staris and landing and even thats been taken up ready to be replaced:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would buy a huge rug and roll it up when not minding:D

loocyloo
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
wood floors here too!

and a big blue rug!

oh, and a road mat lino type flooring in the playroom! :clapping:

x