PDA

View Full Version : contract question

sweets
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a mum coming tonight to do contracts and give me a deposit for care needed from october. I was just filling my half of the contract in ready and just wondered what to do about the hours and days page, she probably won't know exact hours till she starts work so should we just leave that part blank and do them in october? i am using the NCMA ones so it would the whole middle page. the only problem being its that page that has the bit about deposits being non refundable on, which i want her to sign! so should i give it to her and ask her for it back when we start so we can fill that hours bit in?
Hope you understand what i mean!

amirose
08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I have a mum coming tonight to do contracts and give me a deposit for care needed from october. I was just filling my half of the contract in ready and just wondered what to do about the hours and days page, she probably won't know exact hours till she starts work so should we just leave that part blank and do them in october? i am using the NCMA ones so it would the whole middle page. the only problem being its that page that has the bit about deposits being non refundable on, which i want her to sign! so should i give it to her and ask her for it back when we start so we can fill that hours bit in?
Hope you understand what i mean!

I don't know the correct answer :panic:

I think I would hold off doing contracts until she knows the hours but take the deposit now and give her a reciept to hold the place.
Will be interested to see if thats OK to do that?

LittleMissSparkles
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I dont usually do a contract until about 2 weeks before the start date of the contract iyswim

I give parent an agreement between us saying they have paid XXX deposit and that they have booked a place to start on XXXX and that contracts are to be drawn up 2 weeks prior to contract start date, if the place is cancelled I do not refund their deposit/retainer either and put this in writing, less paperwork initially and if hours etc arent known alot better and they have something in writing from you to say they have paid a retainer/deposit and you have scured the place for them HTH

If you do a contract you could leave that blank and fill it in when you no days/times etc

HTH xxx

Alibali
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I would just do a temporary contract to cover your retainer period.