PDA

View Full Version : Childcare commencing October...What would you charge?

Tippy Toes
08-06-2009, 09:37 AM
I have a lady who wants childcare for her baby but doesnt need it until October?

What would you charge her in order to keep the space? If I charged her a deposit what would that be?

Thanks all:)

huggableshelly
08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
a full weeks fees that are non refundable if parents changes her mind but deducatable from monthly fees once baby starts.

sweets
08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
hi i am in the position. Thought about for ages! i decided to charge her a months deposit and use it for 1st months fees. i didn't want to charge her a retainer as she is a first time mum on maternity and i didn't want to put her off by asking for lots of money!

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 10:38 PM
I would also have a month fee for the deposit and make them sign a form so they know if they do change their mind that the deposit is not refundable

I would then take the deposit off their first months fee

It is a long time to keep the place for their child so they should be understanding - good luck

Angel xxx

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. Ill tell her I charge a deposit but will take it off the fees :)

wellybelly
10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I did my best to charge a retainer but beggers cant be choosers in the current climate. The mum bartered with me and I settled for £40 for 2 places in Spetember. I have people finishing then so I dont feel out of pocket. But when 2 places come and fill thoses gaps, I didnt want to loose the business.

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your reply wellybelly (lol - funny name :jump for joy: ) I know what you mean when I mention the word 'retainer' they always go quiet! xx

angeldelight
10-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your reply wellybelly (lol - funny name :jump for joy: ) I know what you mean when I mention the word 'retainer' they always go quiet! xx

Thats why you ask for a deposit :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

wellybelly
10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
I asked 2 enquiries to pay a retainer fee and lost them to another childminder in the village becuase she didnt charge anything to hold a place, I dont want to loose a space so had to back down to £40. 2 full day places, 3 times a week at £25 per day, didnt want to loose it.

Tippy Toes
10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Exactly. You have to think about how much you could earn in the future compared to what you could lose if you ask for a retainer. Ive definately learnt my lesson!

Thanks again eveyone! xx:clapping: