PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft word

Demonjill
08-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi,

Ive been using Microsoft office word for doing my policies etc and its been brilliant.
Unfortunately its come to the end of my 3 month trial and i really want to get it to continue to use it. However it is very expensive!:blush:
So I just wondered from those of you who have it how much you got it for and where?
And do you need to buy the whole thing cos my trial had loads of office things but i just need word just now really.
Hope you all understand what im blethering on about ... again!!:blush:
Thanx

FizzysFriends
08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I know they do it cheap for students so if you aren't studying, haven't got kids studying could you ask to borrow a kids name to put it in?

sue m
08-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll ask David for you Jill when he comes in, he's just cooking some diesel up in the shed!! :eek: :eek:

sarah707
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I got the Home and Student edition from Amazon.

It was £79 I think and has been great.

otherwise Open Office is free, compatible with Word and excel and very good :D

sue m
08-06-2009, 09:27 AM
There you are Jill, you got the answer already lol :clapping:

aly
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I use open office which is free...you may want to copy and paste from word to open office,

Demonjill
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Fab, thanks.

I will give Open Office a go and see how i get on!:thumbsup:

jessie1
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi,

Ive been using Microsoft office word for doing my policies etc and its been brilliant.
Unfortunately its come to the end of my 3 month trial and i really want to get it to continue to use it. However it is very expensive!:blush:
So I just wondered from those of you who have it how much you got it for and where?
And do you need to buy the whole thing cos my trial had loads of office things but i just need word just now really.
Hope you all understand what im blethering on about ... again!!:blush:
Thanx

Hey I had the same problem not too long ago and was going to buy another one but ended up downloading a different type of trial that I can use until next month but when that expires I am going to buy mine from here
http://www.software4students.co.uk/

They are really cheap maybe if you have kids or family member that studies.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Try ebay too. With the 2008 version out the 2000 or 2003 may be on there cheap

singlewiththree
09-06-2009, 07:21 AM
I got mine for £38 check out the money saving expert as he can recommend where you can get it. All you need is an email address that has ac.uk at the end to get it at student rate.

Gizmo
09-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Mine is the same and I spoke to SCMA about it and she said you can claim the cost back as you do need it for cm I havent done it yet as the one I looked at was £98, I will ask the IT guy at work today to see where they get them from and if he has any product codes I can use:thumbsup:

Bushpig
09-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Use Open Office - free and fine! Easily convertible from/to Word too.