PDA

View Full Version : Would you manage with 3 under 5s? And How?

Tippy Toes
08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
I have an 19 month old daughter and the possibility of a 10 month old and 8 month old?

How would you cope with outings etc?

Thanks everyone x

miss mopple
08-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Some days I have

DD2- 3.5
L- 2
D-1
L- 11mths

its hard work but it is do able and all good fun :thumbsup: I have a triple buggy that I was using to go out and about but now big L walks happily everywhere so its alot easier

SOme days it just feels like an endless run of nappies, feeding and sleeps but somehow we do manage to fit other stuff in too :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
08-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Do you mind me asking how much thee triple buggy cost?

miss mopple
08-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Its an obaby one and was about £150 from kiddicare. Its quite heavy but does the job

huggableshelly
08-06-2009, 09:36 AM
when I've had 3 under 5's they were all preschoolers age 3/4

i admire all who take on younger children in such quantities and invest in triples...I prefer ages 2 and over its easier for me without adding to additional lifting and pushing of heavy buggies.

AliceK
08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi
I have a DD aged 21mths and will also be looking after a 2.5yr old and an 8mth old. I have a double pushchair which I can put a buggy board on so am hoping that will work out OK. I can imagine it's going to be fun :laughing:

xxxxx

little chickee
08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
it does sound like a lot of hard work to have 3 so young - but you would work out your coping strategies. you could maybe use a backpack carrier for the youngest - the metal framed ones can be used for up to 18 months which means you wouldnt need a triple buggy.
in a few months your own child may be old enough to walk on a reins type strap for short distances.

haribo
08-06-2009, 09:51 AM
ive got a mum coming today about care for a two tr old . i already mind two of similar age and am worried about this too. i know they will be ok in the house (hope so anyway) but i think outings will be limited to the (very close) park for a while are parents generally happy with this i couldnt do more complex outings for a while until they were a bit better at walking lol . how much are we expected to get them out . if we have a daily visit to park and play in the garden is it ok ?

Helen79
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I have looked after a 3.5year old, 12 month mindee & 8month ds.

I would use a sling & a double or a sling + single with buggy board.

Depending on the ability of the 19month old, I'd put them on the buggy board & let them walk some of the way, have the 8month old in the pushchair & 10month old in the sling.

I find doubles so heavy that they hurt my back so I've given up using them. There's no way I could push a triple, I live at the top of a massive hill

sdean
08-06-2009, 10:58 AM
When I started minding my dd was 18m old and I had another 2 mindees under 2 - I had a double buggy and a buggy board which is like a seat as well. Hard work but when one of your own is taking away your earnings by filling a place you have no choice. She will be three in Nov and I still had 3 under 3 every day its hard but you soon get used to it - get a few funny looks when out though!!! x

funtoplay
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
*** the buggy board. I am tall and found the buggy board awful having to push buggy at arms reach with a child between them!! Bibi strolli rider is my life line!! Google search it. It is brill. A bike like thing which attaches to the side of the buggy. You can push the buggy as normal with a child on the bike to the side of you..brill brill brill.

Julia

TheBTeam
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I have an 19 month old daughter and the possibility of a 10 month old and 8 month old?

How would you cope with outings etc?

Thanks everyone x

Don't know if this is mentioned above, apologies if so, but have you got a variation to allow two under 1?

georgie456
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
On a Monday and Tuesday I have 4 under 5's!!! I must admit they are not all as young as yours!
I have ds (10mths)
dd (4yrs)
Mindee (20 months)
Mindee (3yrs)
I have a double buggy with a buggy board and always have a set of reins handy if I need them.

Yours is definitely do-able. Maybe do a double buggy with a buggy board for your daughter(mine is one that they can turn around and sit down on which is great for younger children.)

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
You just need to be organised before they come

sdean
08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes the double buggy is a nightmare to push with the buggy board on but that stroller rider sounds fab!!!