PDA

View Full Version : parent coming

haribo
08-06-2009, 07:18 AM
hi all got a couple coming to see me today about care for 2 days a week for 2 yr old. dont really want to do it as have 2 2yr olds and one would have to walk. plus i am off on tuesdays and like being able to catch up:blush: so i thought about cancelling and ive realised i didnt take their number ! which i always do for security reasons ..n ow im stuck with them coming and dont kow if i should let them in , are there any security measures you take to ensure saftey or do you let them in on trust ? any help would be great x

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Why not see them, up your rate and if they do decide to come to you then it will be well worth it

Tippy Toes
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I would let them in on trust, I think you would now straight away if something wasnt quite right.

little chickee
08-06-2009, 09:27 AM
i would take them in on trust - thats what you would do even if you had their phone number - and i agree that you should up your rate - if you have really decided that you don't want to take on the child make it quite high - maybe an extra £1.50 ph! Explain that the higher rate is because of the logistics of having 3 2 year olds to look after.
Hopefully they will think its too much and not bother. this is what i have done for after school care which i would prefer not to do - set a high rate and then if you do end up caring for the child it will be worth the while.
Good Luck

haribo
08-06-2009, 09:56 AM
thanks yes i was going to up the rate lol . will see how it goes if they seem like will be hard work will put sky high haha . yes will have to let them in on trust its just been a while since someone i totally dont know has been coming and im out of practice - its all been word of mouth for a while . thanks will let you know how it goes x