PDA

View Full Version : Answering parent enquiries

claireodon
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, just getting a bit nervous as I have a couple of parents to ring about childcare for after I'm registered and I'm feeling inadequate!! The thing is, although I have 2 happy, healthy children of my own I have never worked in childcare before so have no formal qualifications in that area or experience in nurseries, etc. Just concerned that will put off potential parents. I had one enquiry previously where the lady specifically asked if I had any previous experience in working with children and I didn't really know how to put a positive spin on the answer "no" :laughing: Just looking for suggestions of how to tackle the issue with parents really.

Tatjana
07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I have no qualifications in childcare either, other than being an experienced mum. Personally if I had to find childcare for my children I would much rather place them with a mum than someone who wasn't and had qualifications instead. Everyone has different ideas on what they're looking for in childcare.

hth

xx

chewy sweets
07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I've had no other experience of working with children either! Only what i've learnt from having my baby. Basically i'm going to say that there's no better experience you can have in childcare than brinig up your own. And that me being newly registered means i'm up to date with all the new legistations and guidelines. Hope this helps????

Ripeberry
07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I've not got any formal qualifications either, but i do have experience of bringing up my own daughters, babysitting in the past and helping out at the local pre-school for the last 4 yrs.
It depends on the parents really, it's their choice in the end :)

grindal
07-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I never found it a problem that I had no experience - but always found I had to explain why I had an immediate vacancy. i think some parents think if you have a vacancy you must be no good. I was always very quick to point out that as a newly registered minder I had spaces available immediately but could also be very flexible with start dates.