PDA

View Full Version : Daughter Approaching 16

Daftbat
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Can those of you who have older children of your own let me know if i am doing this corectly.

My eldest daughter is 16 at the end of July. When i had my inspection in February i was told that i need to write in to Ofsted around May time and advise so that they could arrange for CRB check to be done.

I wrote to them at my local area office in Nottingham and guess what - nothing back.

Having seen a post on here i have now printed off an EY2 form and filled it in ready to post to St Ann's Square in Manchester.

Is this OK now - or do i need to do anything else? Also, do we have to pay for the CRB check? If so how much?

Many thanks in advance.

devoncm
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I rang O last wekk to see about this as my dd 16 tomorrow, they said to print form off their site and send that in then they will send crb form to us to fill in and return and thats it. Im posting it off tomorrow.

Daftbat
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks - looks like i am ok then. It would be good sometimes just to have the one form to complete!!!!!

haribo
07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
hijacking thread here but do we have to renew our kids crb every 3 years or not? i havent and will need to asap if its true . thanks ,liz

Chatterbox Childcare
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I sent my DS EY2 form in just before his birthday and Ofsted sent the relevant paperwork back - it will happen - eventually!

Put your DD down as an assistant and you will have extra cover too and it won't cost anything

Playmate
07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I sent my DS EY2 form in just before his birthday and Ofsted sent the relevant paperwork back - it will happen - eventually!

Put your DD down as an assistant and you will have extra cover too and it won't cost anything

We did this for our son last year it can come in useful when they are in co-operative mood!:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Just a quick question regarding sons/daughters being added as assistants - if we do this, do they have to undergo any training etc. ie first aid?

sarah707
07-06-2009, 06:13 PM
hijacking thread here but do we have to renew our kids crb every 3 years or not? i havent and will need to asap if its true . thanks ,liz

No, if Ofsted want you to update your CRB they will tell you.

There's a new agency taking over and it's all changing, so we might need to do something for that but it's not confirmed yet.

Hth :D

sarah707
07-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Just a quick question regarding sons/daughters being added as assistants - if we do this, do they have to undergo any training etc. ie first aid?

The rules for assistants keep changing and I'm no expert.

have a nosey through the threads in the assistants section... there was some info there.

Best advice is always to email Ofsted - enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk :D

haribo
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
No, if Ofsted want you to update your CRB they will tell you.

There's a new agency taking over and it's all changing, so we might need to do something for that but it's not confirmed yet.

Hth :D

thaks sarah it does help -one less thing to worry about !!

Chimps Childminding
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Sarah, just thought if my guys were going to be around all summer I might make use of them!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Daftbat
07-06-2009, 11:10 PM

Don't want to put her down as an assistant as she is hoping to get a job over hols and is going on to 6th form etc. Think she has had enough of other kids over the years anyway!

sonia ann
08-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Also, do we have to pay for the CRB check? If so how much?

I have never had to pay for my childrens or more recently my mothers crb checks.

mabel
08-06-2009, 02:55 PM
My sons now 19 and 17 both had CRB forms come through the post around the 16th birthdays, I just filled them in and sent them back
I did not request the forms.
There ages have been logged through the 14 years of minding.

Chimps Childminding
08-06-2009, 03:11 PM
My sons now 19 and 17 both had CRB forms come through the post around the 16th birthdays, I just filled them in and sent them back
I did not request the forms.
There ages have been logged through the 14 years of minding.

My sons are now 16 and 18, but forms did not come automatically (i have been minding for 12 years), I had to request them!

Chatterbox Childcare
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Only if they are left in sole charge - no training required if they work when you are present

anneriddington
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Penny Cartledge;441501]Hi,

Can those of you who have older children of your own let me know if i am doing this corectly.

My eldest daughter is 16 at the end of July. When i had my inspection in February i was told that i need to write in to Ofsted around May time and advise so that they could arrange for CRB check to be done.

I wrote to them at my local area office in Nottingham and guess what - nothing back.

Having seen a post on here i have now printed off an EY2 form and filled it in ready to post to St Ann's Square in Manchester.

Is this OK now - or do i need to do anything else? Also, do we have to pay for the CRB check? If so how much?

Many thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

My daughter is 16, Ofsted sent me a letter with a crb form for my daughter, we have now sent off two sets of forms and still no crb, they just get lost in the bowels of ofsted (bowels and ofsted seem to go so well together :laughing: ) I have currently got her girl guiding crb in my portfolio atm as this at least gives evidence that she is crb approved - now just need to get ofsteds version - am sending the next form registered post!

Chimps Childminding
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Only if they are left in sole charge - no training required if they work when you are present

Thanks Debbie, not sure whether my 4 would be more hinderance than help to be honest!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: