PDA

View Full Version : neigbhour trouble

mushpea
06-06-2009, 07:47 PM
i fell out with my neighbhours not long after starting childminding, its free for all parking and i simply asked them to leave my a space outside the house during the week so i could get the disabled child i cared for in and out of the car easier, they said quite rudly ' we pay our road tax we'll park were we like', ever since then i have had loads of trouble, they drive their cars and motorbikes up and down the path outside my house (police say they cant do anything unless they catch them at it), i took photos then they threatend me over this, then the acused me of scratching one of their 5 cars which i didnt but as i was honest and told the police the keys were in my hand as i walked past the car the solicitor said i wouldnt have a leg to stand on so i agreed to be bound over for 12 mnths:blush: , this was all last year now more often than not i get snide and intimidatin looks and remarks from them,
anyway, one of the mindees mums her mother in law knows this neighbhour and she told the mother in law that i leave the children to cry all day, that they are not looked after properly and that i do nothing with them, luckily the mindees mum did not belive a word of it, she has 3 kids with me and the eldest is 6 so old enough to tell me if ther is a problem she has trouble getting them to go home some days cause they like comming here!:blush:
My worry is that she wil speak to my other nice neighbhour whos son is comming here in september and will put her off, i did speak to the nice one about what the other one said and explained and told her to come round on speck and also to watch out of her window at us (our houses all back on to each others) she blushed and said she did this anyway cause it sounds like we are having fun and she wants to know what is going on:laughing: bless, so dont think there will be problems but still a worry
also i had a mindee leave just before christmas and the mums excuse was very poor as to why she went to another mindee so i am dubious about this now too.
the question is what can i do about it, I did speak to the police and they said consult a solicitor but i would have to prove it which would be very difficult and not sure i want the familys involved .
she can sl**g me off all she wants but not my buisness that i have worked so hard to build up
what would you do??

Tippy Toes
06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
This sounds like a living nightmare! Im sorry I really dont know what to advise you. I jope you work something out x

mumof1
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
So sorry to hear you r going through all of this.

Its crazy, your neighours must be mad ppl. But keep your head up high, dont let them destroy you, your family or your business.

Just a thought, but could they be jealous of you in some way? People can act evil sometimes when they r jealous of someone or something!

haribo
06-06-2009, 08:25 PM
im sorry your going through this i dont really know how to help though , are they the kind of people you could meet with and ask what they are doing this for ? mind if you just asked for a space for the sake of the child and get that reaction they must be morons , so maybe not . maybe you could have a meeting with a solicitor and get a warning letter sent to them saying you will sue for slander - thats basically what theyre doing . maybe phone citizens advice and see if they can help. sorry dont really know. im so lucky with my neighbours ive stayed here 20 years because of them as i know what a misery bad neighbours can make your life so your very unlucky but they shouldnt be allowed to do this. someone else will have better advice but i really hope you get it sorted xx

her8y
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
What a nightmare for you. Some people are unbelieveable, so ignorant. Dont have any advice (sorry) but didnt want to read and run. ((((((hugs)))))).

sue
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
olny way l could see is to to have a vidoe recorder, and note down everything in a dairly this way if there is another complaint you have events recording in writting time, date etc and maybe vidoe evidents. Don't let them win, kept strong thinking of you

Blackhorse
06-06-2009, 08:57 PM
oh what a nightmare.
I agree with the video tape...that might be a good idea. Note down any conversations, incidents etc.
Do they own the house or is it owned by the council? If so you might be able to complain to them about their behaviour as well??

Do you think they would get bored if they saw they couln't achieve anything? I.e. don't let them see how it annoys you etc. Obviously speak to the parents and advice them of the situation if that is possible. So they hear it from you first and won't believe the neighbours..

I also think that meeting with a lawyer and drafting a letter would be a good idea as it might deter them.

what about contacting the mum of the mindee that left before xmas and asking her if she got contacted by the neighbours about you? Maybe send her a letter explaining what has happened and that you spoke to police and lawyers and would like more information if she has any??

Hope you will get something sorted out!

georgie456
06-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. I don't know what to suggest - they sound horrendous!

Spangles
06-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh blimey they sound absolutely awful, vile people.

I've got no advice, I'm sorry. That is one of my worst dreads, moving next to neighbours from hell.

Is it just you that they are horrible to? Aren't other neighbours having problems with them too? I feel so bad for you, it must be really stressful and worrying.

Hope someone can give you some advice.

xxx

Mummits
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I understand some local authorities offer mediation services to deal with neighbourhood disputes. It might be worth giving your council a ring and see if they do anything like that, and if so discussing your problem with them and finding out if they might help. Failing that, maybe Citizens' Advice?

mushpea
07-06-2009, 10:38 AM
thanks folks, yes i think some of it is jealousy as her son is with somone who dosent want kids and her daughter cant have kids so as they are all grown up she is left with just her partner, as for the video i have spoke to the police and they say that unless its a fixed camera we cant film them (dont know wy), they have a fixed camera outside their house anyway which records everything.
will consider the mediation but was kind a hoping it would go away if i left it alone.
will contact the cab though, thanks for that dont know why i didnt think of it:rolleyes:

Tatjana
07-06-2009, 06:08 PM
As suggested already, keep a note of all incidents with time and date, also call the police frequently to tell them which incidents are making you feel threatened/intimidated.....as this all amounts to harrassment, eventually the police will issue them with a harrassment warning, I'm surprised they haven't already.

xx

angeldelight
08-06-2009, 06:41 AM
I really feel for you

My sister last year had the neighbours from hell living near her and it made her so stressed and upset us all so I just can not imagine what it is like for you

I would most def keep a diary and note down when they do anything wrong - I would also contact the police every time so they can also log it down - well that is what they advised my sister to do anyway

I know its not easy but try and switch off from these people dont even look at them and hope they go away in the end when they get no reaction from you - easier said than done I know but it might help you in the long term

If it means you have to park a little away from your house then do it - its just not worth all the aggro they are causing you

Hope it goes ok keep us posted

Angel xxx