PDA

View Full Version : ???????

chewy sweets
06-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Do most of you supply changing products within your rates or do you ask parents to bring nappies, wet wipes etc with them?
Just wondered and didn't know what was best to do when i register.

Mouse
06-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Parents provide nappies. I use water/baby bath solution & washable cloths for nappy changes, hand & face wiping. I supply & wash these. If parents want they can put wipes in the bag, though the only time I ever use them is if it's a really dirty nappy & I run out of cloths!
I also supply bio degradable nappy sacks.

sue m
06-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I ask parents for the lot, nappies, wipes, cream, sun cream..... :D

chewy sweets
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
There's a childminder in my area that supplies everything. Do you think it would put parents off if i asked them to supply their own????

Mouse
06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't think it would put anyone off as long as you make it clear from the beginning. You can use it as a plus point - you think it is good for the children to have the same products as they have at home.

Whenever I've used childcare, I'v always assumed I'd have to send stuff.

The only reason I provide wipes & nappy sacks is that I prefer the more enviromentally friendly products and wouldn't expect parents to provide them.

Polly2
06-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I ask parents to provide nappies and I provide everything else. Nappies can be quite expensive so I think parents should understand if you ask them to provide.

madasahatter
06-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I provide everything except nappies and formula milk. I use wipes that are for sensitive skin and I use a suntan lotion that is ok on my own very sensitive skin (trial and error has isolated certain chemicals that bring my skin out in hives). I tell parents the brand and they can choose to bring their own however this may mean I have to apply the suncream whilst wearing rubber gloves. Not had one parent say no to my choice of suncream yet.

youarewhatyoueat
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I ask parents to send a bag each day with change of clothes and nappies wipes etc. but I also have my own but I tend to use the ikea flannels for face wiping and mini hand towels to cut down on waste.

Nicky
06-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I supply wipes and nappy bags, I always ask parents to supply their own nappies and sun cream. Never had any problems either, tell them when they first come and they seem to expect to supply them.
Nicky

sonia ann
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
this question has never come up with me . All the parents just leave their changing bags with me at drop off and I use what they have provided, this prevents any problems with potential allergies. I do keep spare stuff for when the bag is forgotten though which has happened in the past.

Chimps Childminding
06-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I ask parents to supply nappies, formula, baby food and suncream/nappy cream (so that each child have cream they use at home). I supply wipes and always check with parents whether they prefer a particular brand.

spowage
06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
me too all my parents provide nappies wipes suncream hat! why should we provide these? we dont get paid enough lol karen

MissTinkerbell
06-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Me too - I ask parents to provide nappies. My own son is in nappies still so have spares if needs be.

I provide wipes (tell parents the brand and that if not OK to send their own) and cream (unless they prefer something else). Also ask parents to provide suncream if they want a higher factor than 30 - my current mindee is very fair skinned and her parents provide factor 50 for her.

Never occurred to me not to ask parents to provide.

ORKSIE
06-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I ask parents to provide all that their child requires, this way I cant be blamed if the child has an allergic reaction to wipes/bum cream Etc:thumbsup:

chewy sweets
06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I ask parents to provide all that their child requires, this way I cant be blamed if the child has an allergic reaction to wipes/bum cream Etc:thumbsup:

Yeh you've got to be so careful haven't you!:laughing:

jibberjitz
06-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I ask parents for nappies, wipes and sacks too :thumbsup:

Dreean
06-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Turn it into a positive and say to parents that every child is different and the parent has found the nappies, wipes, cream, etc, that their child is okay with. So you feel it is best to use what the child is used to rather than providing your own and the child getting a reaction, etc,

This way you look like you have deliberately done it this way as a benefit to parents as you have put their child first.

Hope that helps!
Liz

tulip0803
06-06-2009, 06:47 PM

I am the same. I explain to parents that they have to provide to ensure that the children do not have an allergy reaction and they have been fine. I also don't have my own nappy rash cream for this and that when you put your hand into a pot of cream you can contaminate it and then pass it on to the next child that uses it, I always use what they have in the bag.

TheBTeam
06-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I provide wipes, i tell the parents the ones i use and ask that if they are not happy with those then to provide their own. I use my own sacks. They provide nappies and any nappy cream, i do not agree with the use of nappy cream on all nappy changes, so only use what they provide if a rash is particularly sore.

I prefer to use my own wipes simply because between my dh and i we could end up with 6 different packs of wipes and i don't want the issues of carrying the lot when we go out or the parents thinking do i get through them to fast or to slow for their liking, my friend had a parent who boasted she could do the dirtiest of poos with two wipes and i don't want them moaning if i use 15!!!

I also ask for formula milk and baby food to be provided.

mrs c
06-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I ask the parent to provide everything - what they would need if they are taking their child out for the day. I do keep a change of clothes.

Playmate
06-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I provide wipes, i tell the parents the ones i use and ask that if they are not happy with those then to provide their own. I use my own sacks. They provide nappies and any nappy cream, i do not agree with the use of nappy cream on all nappy changes, so only use what they provide if a rash is particularly sore.

I prefer to use my own wipes simply because between my dh and i we could end up with 6 different packs of wipes and i don't want the issues of carrying the lot when we go out or the parents thinking do i get through them to fast or to slow for their liking, my friend had a parent who boasted she could do the dirtiest of poos with two wipes and i don't want them moaning if i use 15!!!

I also ask for formula milk and baby food to be provided.

We provide nappies and wipes, but really only because we can't be doing with 6 changing bags all with different contents, it would be a night mare when we go out. I would rather off set the price of all these things than give it to the tax man! :laughing: We do ask parents to supply all creams in case of allergies

manjay
07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
I have not had to use nappy cream yet but I would expect parent to supply this. Parents supply nappies and I provide wipes and sacks. I too could not be doing with carrying 3 different types of wipes every time we go out. I potentially would have 3 different size nappies anyway so feel that parents should provide their own.

Curly Quavers
07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Parents supply nappies and wipes, nappy sacks are optional as I have my own.

Nappies are expensive definitely get them from parents.

chewy sweets
07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
many thanks for everyone's replies! Think i'm going to stick with the majority and get parents to supply nappies and cream! Thanks everyone you've been a great help!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jen4Kids
09-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Ive just had a nappy bag embroidered with my name and Registered Childminder on it :thumbsup: Inside i put a pack of my wipes and bags (i had a spare packet from my dd) then i grab a couple of nappies or pants (depends what mindee i have that day) and a change of clothes from their bag, that way i can put my purse and phone inside without worrying that ill forget to take it out when the parents collect :blush: plus its fab advertising :thumbsup:

One of my mindees (started last week) has his own see through box with lid which his mum filled with a huge pack of pull ups, pants, change of clothes, 3 pack of wipes, nappy bags, calpol, sun cream, a jar of nutella. She asked for me to let her know when we run low of anything and she'll top it up :eek: Shes fab :blush:

The other mindee comes with homecooked food, his own bottle of juice, his own cup and spoons, full changing bag with nappies, wipes, clothes, blanket, hat and suncream, shes fab too :thumbsup: