PDA

View Full Version : Do you show customers around your house?

Tippy Toes
06-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Just wondering do you show parents every room of your house when they come for a visit?

What about if they are placing a baby with you? Would you show the bathroom?

Silly questions I know but Im awaiting my first visit :blush:

Thanks everyone:)

sue m
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I try and decide how interested they are first and then show them round, where the child would be playing indoors and out and also the bedroom he/she would be sleeping in. I like to think Mum and Dad can imagine where baby/child is if they do decide to use me. If they do, I'll probably show them more but my lo's Dad uses my downstairs loo and comes in the kitchen if the kids want raisins or apple when they first get here. Of course I always show them the garden too.

westbrom44
06-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I usually show them all of downstairs and then the room which the child would be sleeping in. I would only show them the bathroom if I would be using it. I have a toilet downstairs, so never use my upstairs bathroom for childminding.

Sometimes, if it is inconvenient I dont take them upstairs unless they have signed up to use me.

honey
06-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I always show them the downstairs. Which rooms the child will be using. But I always say that the upstairs is not used as I am not registered to use it as the children sleep downstairs

Polly2
06-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I show them round all the rooms their child will be in, which for me is all my down stairs, upstairs is not registered

marian
06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I show them round all the rooms their child will be in, which for me is all my down stairs, upstairs is not registered

Same here.

Marian x

angeldelight
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I show parents the rooms I will be using for my minding

I do not show them upstairs for example because I do not use upstairs

I show them the toilet downstairs because even a 1 year old will one day be using that room

Like I say just rooms that I use and the garden

Angel xx

Mouse
06-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I show them round downstairs and the garden, but wouldn't bother with the bathroom unless they specifically ask. I've not actually come across any parents that have asked, but would be happy to show them if they did.

Over the course of settling in visits etc, the parents will more often than not ask to use the loo (I do supply endless cups of coffee :laughing: ), so they get to see it then.

madasahatter
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I show them downstairs and the bedroom I use for sleeps. I keep other doors firmly closed!

sonia ann
06-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I show them downstairs and the bedroom I use for sleeps. I keep other doors firmly closed!

same here.........

little chickee
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
i also just show the rooms that are used for childminding - all of my bedrooms are not registered for childminding so they don't need to see them and i dont have to tidy them!! the bathroom is included in my list of rooms used but i usually just point to it and say "thats the bathroom" and if they want to look in thats up to them. i make more of a big deal about the garden and playroom and everyone seems happy with that. if their child is not going to be in a room they dont need to see it.

rickysmiths
06-06-2009, 02:39 PM
My whole house is registered but parents do not go upstairs. It is private and although it is registered for me to use for sleeping babies, I explain that ofsted have inspected it and they have to respect that it is my family space.

Ugh! the thought of people trailling through the bedrooms noooooo. :eek:

I work from home and I am not the institution that a nursery is.

ORKSIE
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I only show the parts of my home which are registered:thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone. Makes sense really x

tulip0803
06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I only show the downstairs and the bathroom if they need to use it or want to see it. CSSIW have only registered the downstairs and the bathroom/toilet upstairs so parents don't need to go any further.