PDA

View Full Version : Activities

Holly
14-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Didn't know wether it went in here or paperwork topic . so i put it here :D
My question is ....
I'm planning activities using the EYFS practice cards ... but i'm stuck. i can think of loads for creative development but not for the rest, and i don't wanna repeat activities in different sections ... unless thats what your meant to do? heres what i have so far

Creative Development:
 Role play
 Paints
 Play dough
 Music
 Cooking
 Arts & craft
 Drawing

Physical Development:
 Ball games
 Bikes/trikes

Knowledge and understanding of the world:
 Building blocks
 Nature trails
 Show and tell

Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy:

Communication, language and literacy:
 Reading

Personal, social and emotional development:

any help would be much appriciated!

miffy
14-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Some activities cover more than one area of learning Holly - have a look at the cd too for ideas

Miffy xx

Holly
14-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I have done :(

Spangles
14-02-2008, 07:43 PM
You can repeat them over different categories, you don't have to have separate ones!

Like cooking for example covers practically everything under the sun!

(Your list is very good by the way!)

miffy
14-02-2008, 07:55 PM
OK then here are a few ideas

Physical development -
- music, movement, dance - using large muscles, gaining control over body
- balls, bean-bags, hoops and skittles - hand-eye coordination gross and fine motor skills
- large play equipment (climbimg frame etc) - large muscles, balance and co-ordination
- construction (cardboard boxes, lego etc) - balance, spatial awareness, hand-eye coordination etc

Problem solving, reasoning, numeracy
- cooking - measuring weight and volume, checking ingredients against a recipe, doing things in order
- puzzles and games - establish idea of size and sequencing, comparing, ordering etc

Hope this makes sense to you but most activities can bring in more than one of the categories

Miffy xx

deeb66
14-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I moved this into this section Holly as I thought it would be better in here :D

Cammie Doodle
14-02-2008, 09:26 PM
PSED Taking turns, sharing, helping one another , doing group activities .

KUW, planting and growing things is a good one . The Weather is another

Hope these help

Tatia
20-02-2008, 01:20 PM
KUW could be a trip to train station, putting the tickets in the thingy-doos, riding the train (I'm excited, that's my theme for next week, hehe). Or a trip to grocery store or bakery. Traffic safety (green man means go). Even a hand-drawn map of your neighbourhood and the route you take to and from school/nursery/park.

Problem solving, reasoning...making terrariums (from big squash bottles or 2 litres), measuring the soil, planting seed and watching it grow (reasoning - if I plant a seed, water it, it will start to grow).

Thanks for some good ideas, by the way!

(quick edit, I just saw the post above had included planting and growing under KUW, which goes to show how activities can (and probably should) cover more than one area).

miffy
20-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the other ideas ladies

Miffy xx