PDA

View Full Version : Update on Crying Newbees Dad!!!

grindal
05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, I spoke to Dad last night and asked him to keep drop off short and sweet (as suggested). He arrived this am at the correct time with mindee still in her car seat. I undid her held her up to Dad and said Give Daddy a Kiss Bye Bye - he responded and left :)
Mindee cried for all of about 3 seconds as I walked her into the front room, and has been a happy girl all morning - apart from when i put her in the cot after lunch - but you cant do everything in a week now can you:panic:
Also, got a lovely text from mum this morning thanking me for what I had done to make mindees first week as happy as possible for her.
No longer feel like a disaster area :clapping:
Thanks for all the words of wisdom from everyone who replied to me

ajs
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
well done
i always find short and sweet goodbyes to be most effective,

sarah707
05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Great news!

Don't forget to thank dad for his great idea of leaving quickly and let him know how well his little one responded :laughing:

little chickee
05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
fabulous well done you - hopefully this will continue and everybody is happy!!:clapping:

MissTinkerbell
05-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh well done - been reading your posts with interest and pleased that it has all worked out.

As Sarah said remember to be very positive to dad about how much more settled little one was with dad only saying a quick goodbye.

I often find its very often the dads who hang around longer than the mums when little one is upset.

As others have said a short cuddle and quick goodbye are always the best.

You'll crack the cot/crying issue - will just take some time. keep persevering and little one will soon learn your routines.

Pipsqueak
05-06-2009, 01:58 PM
:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: thats fab news

Polly2
05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Brill well done :clapping:

georgie456
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Well done for sticking with it!!! Looks like you'll have dad sorted in no time:D

sonia ann
05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Great news!

Don't forget to thank dad for his great idea of leaving quickly and let him know how well his little one responded :laughing:

so glad it has worked well for you and don't forget to praise dad as well, i always find the dads are like children and a little praise goes a long way;)

grindal
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks again - I praised Dad when he collected mindee this afternoon - probably be back where we started after the weekend :eek:

Tatjana
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
That's great news, glad dad was compliant!:thumbsup:

xx

westbrom44
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Thats good news.

I also find it easier when parents pick up and leave quickly, otherwise the child often starts to either not want to go or misbehave. They will have to be carried out kicking and screaming or start doing things that are not allowed at my house, such as jumping on the furniture.

Roseolivia
06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Well done, i'm lucky that my mindees are older and parents just go straight away. I do have a baby starting September so i may have all this to come