PDA

View Full Version : Day routine

Holly
14-02-2008, 07:05 PM
When you first register would you plan a day routine or would you wait until you have children then decide? does OFSTEAD want to see this at the pre registration visit?
Thanks!
... I'll keep you all busy with questions :p

deeb66
14-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Ofsted wouldn't want to see this planned at the pre reg visit but the inspector may ask you what you intend on doing with the children, what sort of outings and activities etc.

To be honest I would wait until the children start with you before you start any formalised planning as it would be different activities/outing depending on the children you have.

angeldelight
14-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree with Dee

God it takes me all my time to plan things now and then they never seem to go to plan haha never mind at pre-reg

Angel xx

Spangles
14-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree too! Just do a list of places you would visit with them like toddler groups, parks, play houses, supermarket, library, etc. What kind of activities you would be planning in general like arts & crafts, play dough, garden play, growing plants, role playing, etc. and maybe add a few things in about what you need to buy for them - like a wish list and remember to say that you would of course do risk assessments in due course for you outings, etc.!

So, basically, just a rough list - that's what I did and it was fine - shows you're thinking about what you will be offering and that you will help the children have experiences and learn!

Holly
14-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you :)