PDA

View Full Version : 1st inspection could be soon: where do I start?

mozarella
05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
My paperwork on policies is up to date as the risk assesment

Just stared minding 2 children 2 days a week and called ofsted to notify them I had started and they told me I could be inspected really soon !! :panic:

Where do I start on EYFS, planning etc, I just started and wanted to get to know the children.

On EYFS: Do you do like a stating point where the child is at on the 5 different learning area and plan from there?

Also, when did you do your first fire drill? I have my own 10 months old, a 21 months old and a 4 year old?

I am just in panick mode, just got over registering etc and now I am panicking as I didnt thing I was going to be inspected that quick, I thought I would have had a few months to put everything in place and get up to speed with the requirements IYSWIM

mOZ

estrelas
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I know its easy for me to say but i'd forget bout the inspection

Firstly, policies are up to date so are your risk assessments

Theres not alot you can do regarding eyfs if you've only been minding three weeks, They can't expect too much

I just done a few obs after 4 weeks, with a few next steps

Did they say it was definetly soon? or just a possiblity?

with fire drill i done a chat the first week, then a practise the week after, i logged both and i've done the same every time some one starts.

MissTinkerbell
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Did they say its definitely soon? Your 1st inspection is usually about 6/7 months after you were registered. I was registered May, started minding Sep and inspected in November.

If you've only been minding a short while they won't expect too much. I started from what the child could do and expanded on that.

Your policies and risk assessments are up to date so thats OK.

I did my 1st fire drill after about a month (gave children chance to get completely settled so that they were secure enough to hear the loud nosie my smoke alarm makes) and now do one monthly.

Zoomie
08-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Are you MAD, phoning up Ofsted and telling them you have mindees ?

Me, I'm just gonna keep quiet for a long time and not answer the telephone :rolleyes: .

Fingers crossed its only Christmas time by the time they come and see us.:cold: :cold:

zillervalley
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM
hI

Dont worry have all your policies together your learning journals up to date

as you have just started minding you have a head start but still write something each day

let the forum know when yo have your inspection

best of luck

aj

angeldelight
09-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Sounds like you have it all under control

I am sure you will be fine

Good luck

Angel xx

mrs c
10-06-2009, 06:23 AM
If you are doing a fire drill it would be a good idea to give children a certificate and put it in their files as evidence